Senior Account Executive - Media Relations with progressive social justice agency

Laura Gomez

Mar 17, 2019, 11:36:50 AM3/17/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.

With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.

The Senior Account Executive (SAE) will work closely with senior management to develop best practices in Fenton’s earned media practice and will work to standardize our media relations processes across all offices to add value to our client’s business and optimize efficiencies internally.  The SAE is also a significant contributor to client accounts and has a wide-range of management, editorial and creative responsibilities.

Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

·       Serve as primary client contact primarily for media relations accounts

·       Contribute media relations ideas to brainstorm sessions and new business meetings

·       Develop pitch plans and media outreach strategies, and coordinate media relations across multiple staff

·       Manage internal earned media resources and process (e.g. master list, top clips, reporter relationships, one-pagers, FAQ’s, quarterly lessons learned memos)

·       Develop a system to efficiently share information internally of media contacts to prevent redundancies in research and expedite the process to identify the most effective media list

·       Demonstrate leadership and take ownership of internal training and systems for earned media tools and best practices

·       Develop and execute advanced public relations tactics, including:

o   Oversee media campaigns and contribute to strategic planning for clients

o   Pitch high level reporters, editors, producers, and columnists

o   Write, edit and review press releases, fact sheets, op-eds and other press materials

o   Organize and staff press events and editorial board visits

·       Serve as primary client contact for small to mid-level accounts

·       Develop client strategy with senior staff

·       Assist in managing pieces of large accounts and may lead on smaller accounts as assigned

·       Manage client and funder relations

·       Provide weekly status reports to client, including budget updates

·       Contribute to proposal writing and strategy memos

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:

·       Minimum Bachelors’ degree in Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, Political Science, English or related field

·       3-5 years of experience in communications/public relations and media relations

·       Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of public relations, communications and social activism

·       Firm understanding of client billing processes, client contracts and customer service

·       Demonstrated ability to pitch and service clients

·       Ability to efficiently multitask under tight deadlines

·       Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Entourage), Cision, and internet research skills

·       Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, clients, contractors and media

·       Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignments

·       Ability to interact and meet client and team expectations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment

·       Highly organized with attention to detail

·       Knowledge of one of more of Fenton’s issue areas

·       Extensive knowledge with print and electronic news media

We offer comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision), unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays per year plus the week in December during the holidays, volunteerism/activism days, a 401(k) plan plus employer match and summer Fridays.

Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.

Apply hereFenton.com

https://fenton.com/job/senior-account-executive-media-relations-2/