Wisconsin Jobs Now, Inc. Field Director in Milwaukee

Karen Royster

Oct 22, 2014, 7:43:10 PM10/22/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Wisconsin Jobs Now, Inc., is a progressive, grassroots, community-based organization engaged in and committed to building power for low and moderate income communities in Wisconsin.

At WJN, we work to ensure that everyone has access to the American Dream by amplifying the voices of low- and moderate-income communities, communities of color, and immigrant Americans though collective action. We develop the capacities essential to hold government and corporations accountable, improve the health of our families, economy and environment, and reform our public schools, workplaces and financial institutions.

The position requires significant experience in community and/or labor organizing and will call upon the skills and passion of a first-rate organizer and strategist.  As Field Director, you will work with a dynamic team to build a world class organizing program.

Position Locations:  Milwaukee, WI

Key responsibilities of the position include:

·         In collaboration with the Campaign & Research coordinator, building powerful local issue campaigns focusing on economic justice, living wage, education, healthcare and workers’ rights;

·         Directing the field program for worker organizing, membership and issue campaigns;

·         Oversight of staff which includes supervising a growing team of diverse organizers, recruitment, community leaders, and training;

·         Develop and conduct multiple leadership and activist trainings;

·         Developing strong relationships with coalition partners, community activists and union members;

·         Work with the communications team to develop and implement a communications plan that is aligned with the organization’s field campaigns;

·         Collaborate with the Executive Director and management team to develop strategy, organize events/actions and communicate the campaign message

Send resume to Gi...@wisconsinjobsnow.org