INTERNSHIP Openings at Public Affairs Firm, Baltimore, MD

slo...@fontainecompany.com

Apr 18, 2014, 5:03:07 PM4/18/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

FONTAINE & COMPANY is a grassroots advocacy and public affairs firm that specializes in mobilizing real people and communities to tell a story, spread a message and encourage activism. Our methods are rooted in research and data, but our approach is uniquely personal. Working with corporate partners, non-profit and advocacy organizations, state and local governments and electoral clients, we build genuine relationships and support that results in meaningful engagement of activists, consumers and voters.

POSITION SUMMARY

We are seeking bright, motivated, and civically minded interns who want first-hand experience working on corporate, issue-based, electoral and advocacy campaigns.

CORE RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Organize and maintain supporter records;
  • Support field staff in organizing and executing grassroots campaigns;
  • Assist with the organizations of community outreach meetings and earned media events;
  • Conduct research of local community leaders, stakeholders and important civic organizations for different grassroots campaigns;
  • With support from Campaign Directors, prepare and facilitate phone banks;
  • Support social media work: draft potential posts, track account followers and likes, general account monitoring;
  • Administrative duties including data entry, scanning, and filing.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Intern must be:

  •  A self-starter who is able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
  • Well organized – a multi-tasker;
  • Outgoing and a team player;
  • Comfortable communicating on the phone and with diverse groups of people;
  • Mature and able to maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct;
  • Interested in political and advocacy campaigns.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:

  • Must be enrolled in (or already completed) a bachelors degree program, 3rd and 4th year students preferred but not required
  • Must have reliable transportation.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:  2

HOURS: 10-20 hours a week, exact hours and schedule flexible

LOCATION: Baltimore, MD

TO APPLY:
This internship is unpaid, but students may obtain course credit. Applicants should email a cover letter, résumé, hours of availability, school requirements for internship completion/credit, and a one-page single-spaced essay about what the student hopes to gain from the internship to: Internships(at)FontaineCompany(dot)com