[JOB] Green Team Campaign Organizer - Michigan

Naomi Roth-Gaudette

Oct 21, 2019, 9:32:12 PM10/21/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

360 Campaign Consulting is looking to hire an organizer in Detroit, MI. We are running a campaign with NRDC Action Fund and EDF Action to activate members in MI-08 (Rep. Slotkin) and MI-11 (Rep. Stevens) to take action on climate change. The job starts on 11/1 and it goes through June 2020. It’s a chance to make a difference on climate issues. 360 Campaign Consulting is a great place to work, we have a 5-star glassdoor rating, and the starting salary for the role is $42,625 annually. I’d happily offer informational interviews if people want more info. Please share far and wide.

Click here to apply on our website today!

--

Naomi Roth-Gaudette

Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, 360 Campaign Consulting

n...@360campaignconsulting.com

360 Campaign Consulting is a political consulting firm specializing in field organizing.  We partner with good groups to do great things. We are excited to be working with two major environmental groups on a joint campaign to activate thousands of their members in key Congressional Districts to take action on climate change.

General Overview: With the threats to our environment increasing, we need to mobilize people to take immediate action and demand solutions. The Green Team Organizer will build a team of trained activists who are ready to educate members of Congress and build the access and influence needed to ensure our representatives fight for stronger environmental policy into 2020 and beyond. The Green Team Organizer will call thousands of members, ask them to take action, turn hundreds of them out to key events, recruit them to take on volunteer leadership roles, and train them to meet and work with their member of Congress. The organizer will also put on several large events with members of Congress and work with coalition partners.

Location: Suburbs near Detroit, MI

Responsibilities:

Recruiting Activists, Planning Events, and Working with Coalition Partners

  • Call thousands of local members to set up meetings and develop leaders

  • Recruit members to attend monthly meetings

  • Plan meet-ups and happy hours for activists

  • Ask folks to sign petitions, make calls, and reconfirm their membership

  • Organize small and large events for activists to interact with members of Congress

  • Work with key organizational allies on the ground to plan events

  • Recruit several members to meet with key coalition partners

Data Management and Reporting

  • Track every interaction with every organizational member in VAN

  • Track every interaction with members of Congress and their staff

  • Report numbers daily and write detailed reports weekly on the results of the campaign

  • Ensure that member data is kept secure and that data entry is done with all due care and attention

Qualifications:

  • Experience in field and volunteer organizing either on advocacy or electoral campaigns strongly recommended

  • Demonstrated experience putting on big events

  • Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills

  • Personally organized

  • Passion for solving climate change and other environmental issues

  • Willingness to work evenings and weekends

  • Experience with VAN or comparable data management tools is preferred

Salary

The salary for this position is competitive and depends on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation, paid sick leave, health insurance, and training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.

Click here to apply on our website today!

At 360 Campaign Consulting we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.