HIRING: Senior Associate for Communications & Advocacy

bpe...@mrss.com

Nov 21, 2017, 11:36:32 AM11/21/17
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
M+R is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Communications & Advocacy division.

The right person for this job will have roughly 3-4 years of demonstrated experience in media relations, preferably with some agency and/or advocacy campaign experience. We need a communications know-it-all who considers him or herself a rock star when it comes to advancing clients and causes across online and offline channels.

As a Senior Associate, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day media implementation for M+R nonprofit and foundation clients like American Lung Association, Humanity United, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services, the MacArthur Foundation, Rockefeller Family Fund, and Nuclear Threat Initiative. You should have demonstrated experience securing coverage in local, regional and national outlets as well as developing strategic media materials such as press releases, media advisories, op-eds, editorial board memos and media lists in support of such outreach. Client-facing experience,  working across multiple issue areas is a plus, as is experience integrating social media tools and platforms with traditional earned media best practices.

No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.

Of course...
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We are strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!

About M+R
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.