JOB Grossman Heinz - Communications Strategist (Washington, DC)

Quynh Tran

Dec 19, 2014, 3:47:57 PM12/19/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Grossman Heinz is a public affairs firm specializing in advocacy and campaigns. We offer our clients decades of on-the-ground experience along with the creativity and management expertise needed to help develop and execute winning strategies.

We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced communications professional to create and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for a federal advocacy campaign. This is a one-year contract position based in Washington, D.C.

Duties and Responsibilities

  • Develop and implement campaign communication strategy that uses traditional and new media tactics to deliver campaign messaging to a DC-based audience
  • Build and maintain trusted relationships with members of the media to advance campaign strategy
  • Partner with allied organizations to share key information, align strategy, and coordinate messaging
  • Assess media landscape to advise on best use of campaign resources
  • Integrate media strategy with overall multilayered campaign plan
  • Support design of campaign brand and creation of creative materials
  • Complete special projects as needed

Skills and Qualifications

  • At least 10 years of experience in media, public relations, or communications strategy, preferably in an issue advocacy environment. Capitol Hill experience is a plus.
  • Experience leading the development and execution of multi-tiered media plans, and deep fluency of both traditional and digital media tools and tactics
  • Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
  • Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and experience with coalition building
  • High attention to detail with proven ability to meet deadlines, work in a fast paced environment, and deliver under pressure
  • Strong project management skills

Salary & Benefits

Salary commensurate with experience. Health, vision, and 401k benefits provided.

To Apply

Please submit resume and cover letter online at www.grossmanheinz.com (Click Apply Now under the job description.) Only applications submitted through our website will be accepted. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Grossman Heinz is an equal opportunity employer.