Minneapolis, MN: Phone Canvasser for Clean Water Action

MN CWA

Apr 19, 2019, 3:12:25 PM4/19/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Working at Clean Water Action means working with motivated and progressive activists who believe in the power of people! As phone organizers, it is our job to create effective change through communication with our members, create transparency around environmental and public health laws and policies and fighting for safer outcomes. We give voices to community members who might not otherwise be heard because we have witnessed first-hand that this form of grassroots organizing works. We must hold our policy makers accountable to serving the PEOPLE, protecting the ENVIRONMENT, and upholding JUSTICE.

Phone canvassers educate members on our work, get commitments to take action, make phone calls to hold elected officials accountable, and raise funds to continue the movement and fight dirty corporate money!

Our part time positions provide flexible scheduling for students, parents, and those with day jobs. You'll contact Clean Water Action members by phone with updates, calls-to-action, membership renewals, special appeals and thank-you messages.

All new employees receive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication, and campaign skills. We have a strong focus on career development, with opportunities to move into leadership.

QUALIFICATIONS:

·  Motivation to work on political and environmental campaigns.

·  Strong communication skills and confidence.

·  Must have availability to work a minimum of 3 evenings per week.

·  Previous organizing, fundraising, activism, call center, sales, or customer service experience a plus.

BASICS:

·  Monday-Friday (3-5 nights/week) from 3:30-8:15 PM in Downtown Minneapolis. After 2-4 weeks of training, hours are more flexible. Applicants must be able to make minimum commitment of 3 MONTHS.

COMPENSATION:

·  $12.50-$15/HR plus bonus & benefits.

·  We offer paid training, professional development, advancement to leadership, and travel opportunities. Other benefits include sick and vacation pay, health insurance, dental and life insurance, and 401K options.

JOIN US! Apply ONLINE at cleanwateraction.org/phone or call us at (612) 623-3666 ext. 514

As an office we are committed to reflecting the community we are working in and POC, LGBTIQ folks, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.