JOB: Operations Associate, Byte Foods (San Rafael, CA)

Julia Silbergeld

Dec 5, 2016, 12:51:51 PM12/5/16
to <comfoodjobs@elist.tufts.edu>, jobstha...@googlegroups.com, grad...@googlegroups.com

OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE

Our mission is to offer the most affordable, fresh food solution for businesses. Byte uses RFID-enabled smart refrigerators to deliver fresh, delicious, healthy food to employees at work. Ultimately we improve people’s health, happiness and productivity at work by providing what customers have called a “Whole Foods in the workplace.” Our business is growing quickly and we’re looking for the right person who is excited to shake-up an archaic industry.

JOB DESCRIPTION

We are looking for a high-energy Operations Associate with excellent multitasking skills to assist our operations team. Byte is growing rapidly and we need someone to help out with food operations at our distribution center including receiving, deliveries and warehouse. You will be in a pivotal part of making sure that our tasty food gets to hungry employees right when they need it. This includes:

  • Working on projects to make our delivery and warehouse operations more efficient

  • Managing inbound calls from delivery drivers and work closely with the Operations and Logistics manager to resolve issues

  • Running our inventory system and helping to track food inventory levels

  • Developing and constantly improving procedures for warehouse and delivery operations

  • Creating training programs and providing training/onboarding for new drivers

The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a lean, efficient organization that identifies problems fast and fixes them even faster. They are eager to work with other high performers in order to take their career to the next. Above all they are passionate about increasing access to delicious, healthy food.

REQUIREMENTS

  • 1 to 2 years of experience working in operations that includes either warehouse, logistics/delivery, or inventory operations.

  • Bachelors degree

  • Desire to work at a fast-growing startup

  • Passionate about using process and procedures to ensure customer happiness

  • Impeccable organizational skills (you live off of To Do Lists, Calendars, checklists, and procedures)

  • Able to communicate clearly through writing

  • Ability to work in Excel, Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other online tools for Payroll, time tracking, and inventory management

  • Able to lift 40 lbs comfortably and bend/twist to reach items

  • Able to drive a box truck and a clean driving record

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

  • Experience with working in a cold chain environment, working with chilled grocery products such as salads and sandwiches; basic food safety certification

  • Comfortable with Excel for data analysis, using spreadsheet formulas

ABOUT BYTE

  • An amazing team of people who all work together daily to solve problems, iterate on and improve processes

  • Fast-paced startup with job growth potential

  • You’ll be surrounded by the best food the Bay Area has to offer

  • Fun work environment with people who love working together

  • Located in San Rafael at the intersection of highways 101 and 580,l right in the heart of Marin County - easy commute from North Bay or East Bay

BENEFITS & PERKS

  • Salary range expected to be $48-$55k.

  • Benefits including basic health, vision, dental, and 401k

  • A constantly changing mix of delicious food!

To apply, please submit an application here.