Legislative Fellowship - Roanoke VA

Delegate Sam Rasoul

Apr 20, 2019, 9:30:52 AM4/20/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
The Office of Virginia Delegate Sam Rasoul is introducing an innovative program to pursue its mission of helping the people of the Eleventh District and beyond. The Legislative Fellowship is designed to provide an avenue for highly dedicated individuals to make positive change in the Commonwealth. We are seeking recent graduates who have the capacity, motivation, and drive towards our mission of serving the people.

The Legislative Fellowship is a program that fosters self-awareness and strong leadership skills. Our fellowship will be primarily focused on legislative work, and constituent services. Hence, there are essential qualities we look for in an ideal candidate:
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Relationship building
  • Project management
  • Research abilities
We are looking to maximize the fellow’s capacity to help others, while also promoting individual growth. By the end of the fellowship, individuals are expected to have achieved the following goals:
  • Develop necessary skill sets and professional mannerisms to become a leader in the community
  • Learn to work outside of a cookie-cutter environment
  • Assume an active leadership role that encompasses strong self-initiative, dedication, and passion to help better the Roanoke Valley and Commonwealth of Virginia
While the focus of this fellowship will be on legislative duties, it is also important to be aware of other dynamics within our office:
  • Community Impact Projects
  • Communications
  • Political Outreach and Organizing
  • Legislative Strategy
  • Fundraising and Development
This is a 12 month program with a monthly stipend. Upon the completion of your fellowship, we will provide a $2,000 educational stipend to go towards loan repayment or further education. We encourage everyone to visit our website (www.theimpact.center& www.dempromise.com) to read about our initiatives. If you are interested and would like to apply, please email a resume and cover letter to in...@sam4roanoke.com with the subject Legislative Fellowship Application. Any additional inquiries regarding the program can be directed to our office via email (in...@sam4roanoke.com) or by phone (540.904.6905).