Hiring: Financial Consultant - Full Time Entry Level, New York, NY

talentatrework.jobs

Jan 29, 2015, 12:25:12 AM1/29/15
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

If you’d like to apply for this job, please visit this page:
HTTP://REWORK.THERESUMATOR.COM/APPLY/32ZKZO/FINANCIAL-CONSULTANT.HTML

ABOUT CSBM

CSBM is a financial consultancy that primarily services charter schools. CSBM empowers the charter sector with financial education, services and resources. We enable the success of our clients by giving them the financial tools they need to fulfill their mission of bringing high-quality public education to underserved students.

CSBM believes that school choice is an essential driving force in education reform. The charter school movement has the potential to close the achievement gap and increase educational opportunities for our nation’s underserved youth. However, 1 in 7 charter schools are shutdown, and 80% of those closures are due to financial mismanagement. We're here to stop that.

We are proud to be recognized as a Certified B Corporation, one of the fastest growing companies in America by the Inc. 500, and a Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain's NY Business. Our most recent client satisfaction survey shows that 97% of our clients would hire us again and recommend us to others. 99% felt that our services equal or exceeded the value of their cost. Our team works together, daily, to achieve 100%.

At-A-Glance:

  • Working with over 100 schools and related entities currently
  • Founded in 2007
  • Executive team remains in place from the company founding

ABOUT THE ROLE: FINANCIAL CONSULTANT

We are looking for someone to join our financial teams in a key foundational role at the consultant level. Taking on this introductory role at CSBM - reporting to the Senior Financial Managers - will give you the opportunity to learn the in’s and out’s of our organization — enabling you to gain a library of insights on how the organization is run and uniquely positioning you to grow with our organization. Our consultants come in hungry, ready to learn the ropes of the business, and use newfound knowledge to drive their own professional growth and move up internally. Consultants begin with a deep interest in the CSBM mission and an eagerness to apply their financial skills in a meaningful way.

You have begun to develop your financial acumen, and above all, are willing to commit yourself to learning every day and learning quickly. We will help further your education, tracing the line from where you're at now to where you want to go.

You are the right fit for the role if you want to work with a happy, engaged team. We look for employees who are dedicated to a mission-driven organization. This is a full-time position located in New York City.

HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…

Meaningful work allows you to have the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn morehere.

LEGACY

The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role

  • You will help solve America's most pressing opportunity as we bring K-12 education to students regardless of means, background, or station.
  • You will apply your financial acumen to the social enterprise sector, building upon meaningful work.
  • You will help create a future where school innovation is stabilized, bringing new entrepreneurial thinkers to education.
  • You will clearly observe the tangible impact that our hard work creates for our clients and their students.
  • You will contribute to the strength of the CSBM team and help lift us all up.

MASTERY

How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional

The skills and strengths that you will use and develop in this position are…

  • You will strengthen your ability to manage, build, and nurture client relationships.
  • You will build education acumen and consulting expertise alongside your financial knowledge and skill.
  • You will be part of a pure meritocracy where career progress is determined by your contribution to our clients and CSBM as a whole.
  • You will learn alongside a smart and intellectually driven team who values well-rounded individuals who lead full lives.
  • You will learn how to effectively manage a project from ideation to implementation.

FREEDOM

The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role

We expect you to be a human being while working for us, which means a need to explore and live fully. To do so, we offer:

  • Access to a team that practices a commitment to learning and personal growth as paramount aspects of our business.
  • A discretionary annual bonus plan and fitness stipend.
  • Annual awards, quarterly full team retreats, and regular recognition.
  • Routine donations to charity of the team member's choice.
  • A healthy, positive, collaborative working environment.
  • A team-first culture where we encourage fun and embrace all personalities.

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…

You will be assigned to work with a variety of charter schools. Although the scope of work is different at every school, the Financial Consultant should be prepared to handle the duties below.

Contributing to Projects and Client Relationships

  • Proactively identifying issues and finding solutions.
  • Managing the organizational processes and analysis of internal financial information.
  • Actively listen to the needs and goals of clients, and ensure alignment with CSBM support.
  • Interact and support a portfolio of clients.
  • Research and present top-notch external vendors to support client’s financial operations in services external to CSBM. Achieving a balance of forging deep relationships with individual clients while working with several at once.

Managing Finances

  • Managing A/P and A/R functions and maintaining accurate records of all financial transactions.
  • Handling daily bookkeeping including, recording entries related to petty cash, debit and credit card use, entering invoices, EFTs and cash receipts.
  • Recording and track income expenses related to all contracts and grants, including federal entitlements.
  • Managing the organization and issue of payroll for client organizations.

Improving the On-The-Ground Operations of CSBM

  • Being mindful of your processes and how they fit into the mission of CSBM.
  • Constantly asking yourself how you can improve systems to positively impact the quality and efficiency of your work.
  • Presenting well-supported and thoughtful ideas as to how CSBM can maximize their impact and support of client schools.
  • Working with Financial Managers and Senior Financial Managers.

WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…

  • Has at least one year of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management experience, preferably not-for-profit, school, foundation, or government organizations.
  • Who is familiar with Quickbooks.
  • Who is eager to learn and improve in a feedback-driven environment.
  • Who has previous exposure interacting with clients in a professional setting.
  • Who has excellent time-management skills, with the ability to juggle many projects at once.
  • Who has demonstrated, concrete financial management experience at any type of professional organization.
  • Who can communicate with grace and style, through prose or speech.
  • Who thrives when given ownership over projects and loves to take pride in the end result.
  • Who is willing to wear many hats and assist both CSBM and clients wherever necessary.
  • Who believes that proper financial management in schools is a key contributing factor to ensuring a great education for all students.
  • Is not only excited about the CSBM mission but also excited about the bookkeeping work itself and how that will apply to their professional growth.
  • Is excited to get their hands dirty and dedicate the time and energy necessary to do the job right.
  • Who knows budgets, financial reports, and can convey financial information to sophisticated audiences, say before a board.
  • Who knows how to stay motivated and create fun work out of audits and when sifting through financial statements.
  • Who believes that all students deserve a great education.

HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?

Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to those applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on Monday, February 16, 2015.These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by CSBM leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?

You’ll be invited to join our growing team in New York City. You’ll receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at tal...@rework.jobs.  We look forward to reading your application!