Job opportunity with New Era Colorado

Molly Fitzpatrick

Feb 1, 2017, 12:32:28 PM2/1/17
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
*Job description & application instructions:

About New Era

New Era is an innovative nonprofit organization that works to reinvent politics for young people, mobilizing and empowering a new generation to participate in our democracy to make Colorado a better place for everyone. We have three core program areas: civic engagement, advocacy, and leadership development. We register and turn out thousands of young voters every year, work on issues like election access, economic justice, abortion rights and climate change at the state and local level, and train hundreds of young leaders to create change. Since our founding, we’ve registered more than 150,000 young voters, passed policies like online voter registration, and given out probably more than 50,000+ buttons that say “Vote, F*cker” on them (good, right?). And along the way, we got more than a million views on our Campaign for Local Power video, another million on our This Is Why We Vote video (which was featured on Upworthy), we got named “Campaign of the Year” by New Organizing Institute in 2013, and our volunteers and interns taught us how to make Where’s Waldo costumes on the cheap for voter registration. Get to know us: Website | Facebook

About the job

New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund are seeking a full-time Denver Organizing Manager to lead the young voter engagement, leadership development, and grassroots issue campaign work in our Denver office. We are looking for a committed and resourceful individual who is passionate about social justice and young people’s ability to create change.

This position is charged with recruiting, training, and engaging young people in our organizing efforts during elections, on college campuses, in the legislature, and at the ballot box. The Denver Organizing Manager will spearhead all of our young voter registration and turnout efforts in Denver, and will play a key role on our field team in crafting and executing our issue campaigns (with a focus on student debt, economic justice, and climate change). This person will manage spring, summer and fall classes of 6-10 leadership development program participants, build relationships throughout the Denver area with partner organizations and campuses, and in 2018 will run a large young voter mobilization program in the metro area, managing a team of organizers and playing a key leadership role in our statewide program. Overall, the Denver Organizing Manager is a core member of our team with significant leadership in driving our work in the city.

To apply:

Please submit a resume and cover letter (as a single PDF) to the attention of Molly Fitzpatrick to DenverMa...@NewEraColorado.org. In your cover letter, please describe why you want to do this job in particular at New Era, and how you found out about the position.

Priority deadline is February 21, but the position will be open until filled. No phone calls please.