INTERNSHIP- Campaign Field Intern (St. Louis, Mo.) - 2 Needed

Meg Burcke

Aug 28, 2014, 6:43:21 PM8/28/14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
This is NOT a "fetch coffee" internship!

The Protect Our Local Schools campaign is looking for dedicated individuals to serve as interns in the State Headquarters in St. Louis assisting the Statewide Field Director and his staff with day-to-day operations in the field. This is a perfect opportunity for students interested in getting involved with local campaigns and be an integral part of the campaign.  The hours are flexible with the majority of time spent in the late afternoon or early evening hours.

The campaign to Protect Our Local Schools is a coalition of parents, teachers, principals, superintendents and school boards that is working to defeat Constitutional Amendment 3, which treats students like numbers and takes local control away from parents, teachers, and school districts and hands it over to Jefferson City politicians. This costly amendment is a one-size-fits-all approach to our children that would force taxpayers to spend money on even more state-mandated standardized tests.

Duties and Qualifications:

·      Managing and operating the evening volunteer phone bank.

·      Assist the field staff in any preparations needed for regional trainings, steering committee meetings, etc.

·       Must be available to help with Direct Voter Contact 2 nights a week.

·      Perform volunteer outreach as needed and directed.

·      Meeting goals as directed by the field staff

·      Train new volunteers

·      Conducting research and collecting campaign data

·      Other duties and responsibilities as needed

Interested candidates should submit their resume to er...@protectourlocalschools.com.