Canvass Coordinator - St Lucie

Human Resources

Sep 25, 2020, 3:46:05 PM9/25/20
to GAIN POWER: JobsthatareLEFT

Position Title: Canvass Coordinator

Job Location: St, Lucie County, Florida

Position Type: Full Time / Exempt

Education Level: N/A

Salary Range: $54,000 Salary/year

Travel %: 100%

Job Shift: Any

Job Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services

Openings: 50

ABOUT FOR OUR FUTURE

Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.

In 2018, we made over 10 million door knocks and held 1.5 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Governor mansions, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.

For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

JOB SUMMARY

Want a job with impact? Want to help make a change in Florida? Then come join our team in St Lucie County!

For Our Future Florida seeks a motivated, outgoing, and results-driven Canvass Coordinator for a paid canvassing program in the St Lucie County Region. You will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan and supervision of paid canvasser operations within your assigned region within accordance of strict health and safety protocols. For Our Future Florida is a statewide, coalition organization that builds progressive power through voter engagement and organizing within communities around key issues. We uplift the voices of the community to strengthen public education, advance social and racial justice, preserve our environment, and fight for working families. Candidates should have familiarity with St Lucie

 County, Florida; experience working with door-to-door field programs; comfort working long hours; and access to reliable transportation.

This is a full-time position through at least November 6, 2020.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

●      Responsible for training canvassers and launching canvass events in accordance with FOF health and safety guidelines.

●      Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program for local, state and federal candidates in-home regions, including regular door-to-door canvassing.

●      Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.

●      Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered in a timely manner.

●      Ensure all health and safety protocols and procedures are met.

●      Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.

●      Assist with research and data testing in region.

●      Assist with delivering training programs.

SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS

■       High school diploma or equivalent (GED).

■       At least 1-2 cycles of paid field campaign or other voter contact experience.

■       Commitment to building power in the progressive movement a must.

■       Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN/LAN preferred.

■       Basic computer literacy, database skills, and prefer access to a reliable portable computer. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.

■       Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.

■       Community organizing experience preferred but not required.

■       Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.

■       Ability to work independently and in team settings.

■       Strong coaching skills and abilities.

■       Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.

■       Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.

■       Strong interpersonal communications skills.

■       Possess a winning mentality.

■       Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES

■       Manage one or more teams of canvassers.

■       On-turf coaching, support, and accountability.

WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS

■       Management of door-to-door canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners.

■       The Canvass Coordinator is expected to make regular turf visits and shadow new canvassers/organizers, and thus, may be subject to extreme heat, rain, and freezing temperatures.

■       Office environments vary, but a Canvass Coordinator may also expect to work in an open office setting, among colleagues and direct reports.

■       Employees will be provided with health and safety training, and personal protective equipment (PPE).

EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK

■       Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.

■       Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies will not be affected by this policy.

For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:

■       Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid.

■       Paid Parental Leave.

■       Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.

■       $100 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement.

■       13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.

This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.

For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer.  This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances.  Should an applicant need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.

AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT

The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.”  This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future.  No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship.  By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.

To Apply

Click Here