Re: [jni4net] Availability of jni4net

Pavel Šavara

Jul 24, 2012, 9:44:22 AM7/24/12
to jni...@googlegroups.com
That describes the situation very well :-)

The proxy generator for version 0.8.x is crap, but it is able to wrap
simple APIs.
If you are able to wrap your api then fine. If you are not able to do
it, because of proxygen bugs, I suggest that you create facade which
is simpler and wrap that.
The 0.8.6 runtime is stable and I think many people use it in
production already.
So, if it passed your testing, it would not fail on you in production.

There is version 0.9 rewrite in progress. Proxygen there is much
better code, but unfinished. The runtime there has bugs to be fixed.
Overall 0.9 I spent year of my late night oil on 0.9 and it will need
couple of months yet.
I'm not sure when I'll find the motivation to continue on it.

Pavel

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Daniel Manzke
<daniel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we are thinking about using jni4net to create .NET Wrapper for our Java API.
> At the moment I don't see a big problem to do that until I have read the
> sentence "Status - currently Alpha quality. Lot of work ahead, lot of ideas,
> lot of missing features, looking forward to community feedback.". Any
> thoughts about it? :)
>

> Thx,
> Daniel

Nilo Roberto C Paim

Jul 24, 2012, 3:18:48 PM7/24/12
to jni...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm using a C# DLL on a Java application. Jni4net was the magical solution
to do this, and the results are impressive, with an excellent performance.

Now I have one problem, and I think that's no related to Jni4net, bat maybe
someone here can help me: I need to use Delphi 7 to interact with the same
C# DLL above. I know that I could use COM, but this would imply in so many
changes to the C# code and I would not like to do this.

Any hints?

And congratulations to Pavel for this extraordinary piece of software.

TIA,

Nilo - Brasil

Pavel Šavara

Jul 24, 2012, 3:49:17 PM7/24/12
to jni...@googlegroups.com
Delphi 7 is native stuff, right ?
jni4net is not right tool for that.

Other ideas:

Any chances to migrate it to .NET with Delphi 9 or newer ?

Native exports
https://sites.google.com/site/robertgiesecke/Home/uploads/unmanagedexports

Reg free COM
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5074563/registration-free-com-dll/5078671#5078671

C++/CLI wrapper consumable by Delphi

I suggest you search and raise your question on stack overflow.

Pavel

Nilo Roberto C Paim

Jul 24, 2012, 4:10:17 PM7/24/12
to jni...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Pavel.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Delphi 7 is native stuff, yeah. A customer of mine that develops only in
Delphi 7 made me this request, and I'm not sure if he cans (or wants) to
upgrade to Delphi 9 or newer.

Initially I was thinking if jni4net could generate a JNI code that I could
native compile and maybe link it to the Delphi animal code. I really don't
know if this makes some sense or I'm completely lost in space... :)

I'll investigate the links you send. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Nilo - Brasil