MyHeritage helps to preserve and digitize cemeteries in Israel

Daniel Horowitz

Dec 4, 2014, 10:58:46 AM12/4/14
Dear friends

I wanted to let you know about a project we undertook this week as
part of our global initiative to preserve and digitize cemeteries
worldwide, with the help of some friends.

We embarked on a very ambitious goal to digitize Israel's largest
cemetery, Holon, collaborating with genealogy companies, genealogy
organizations, societies and other volunteers who love genealogy. It
was our biggest challenge yet, and one of the largest events of its
kind ever organized - in the world!

The day was a huge success! Over 150,000 gravestones were
photographed. It is a great model for how similar activities can be
organized around the world.

Read more about the event in our blog post:
http://blog.myheritage.com/2014/12/digitizing-cemeteries-myheritage-is-at-it-again-with-friends

And remember, you can also help preserve and digitize Jewish
cemeteries near you; and latter on donate them to JewishGen

Thanks,

Daniel Horowitz
Chief Genealogist
MyHeritage