11/25 Hope!!FaithQuotes

gretchen

Nov 25, 2011, 4:15:09 AM11/25/11
to gretchen
"The Lord directs the steps ... He delights in every detail of [our] lives." Psalm 37

"We can make our plans, but [God] determines our steps." Proverbs 16

"[God] directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?" Proverbs 20

"You can make many plans, but [God’s] purpose will prevail." Proverbs 19

"Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass...Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him..the steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him." Psalm 37

"What you get by achieving your goals is as important as what you become by achieving your goals." - Henry David Thoreau

Very often what God first helps us towards is not the virtue itself but just this power of always trying again- C. S. Lewis

Authority exercised with humility, and obedience accepted with delight are the very lines along which our spirits live. - C. S. Lewis

[@HopeFaithQuotes]

-----

He's Everything To Me
(It's a song from the 60's by Ralph Carmichael)

In the stars His handiwork I see,
On the wind He speaks with majesty,
Though He ruleth over land and sea,
What is that to me?

I will celebrate Nativity,
For it has a place in history,
Sure, He came to set His people free,
What is that to me?

Till by faith I met Him face to face,
and I felt the wonder of His grace,
Then I knew that He was more  than just a
God who didn't care,
That lived a way out there and

Now He walks beside me day by day,
Ever watching o'er me lest I stray,
Helping me to find that narrow way,
He's Everything to me.

~Thought For Today~

I was raised in a Baptist church, one that was an exception -- we had a Godly pastor, good worship music, and sound Biblical teaching
both in services and the youth group. It was an era where folk songs (as above) were popular in the secular world, and in our youth group. When
I was a sophomore in high school, my family moved from the suburbs to a very rural community 220 miles north. It was a hard transition
for me, as I had been very social with church/youth group, and friends. Our new home was 7 miles from town and I hadn't started driving
yet so my usually social world, including volunteering at church, was drastically though temporarily altered -- I got it back in time, after
learning to drive and convincing my parents that the state trusted me to drive, so should they! <laughter>

When I was a freshman, I knew I had wanted to go to a Christian college after high school. When we moved, it seemed as though,
with our family's changed perspectives (mine remained generally the same), my desire seemed somewhat harder to attain. I had wanted to
attend a Christian college in Santa Barbara, CA from 1979 - 1983. I had been pen pals with several older friends from my church youth group
while they attended colleges, secular and Christian, in southern California and they inspired me. However, due to my family's changed
perspectives, I chose not to go to that college. It broke my heart but I felt I needed to support my family. I had realized then, and over the years,
that it was a God thing for me to go there, God had planted the desire to go there in my heart. So, in reality, by not going there I didn't heed God's direction
and desire for my life. I disobeyed Him. Perhaps for 'noble' reasons, but whenever we contradict how / where God is directing us, it is unwise, and
sinful.

There are consequences to willful disregard of God's will for one's life, especially when one was committed to serving Him, and seeking
His direction for life. My willful sacrifice of not going where I felt God directing my steps was due to my family's changed perspectives. Regardless
of my 'noble' reasons, it was still wrong for me. I missed what should have been a very important part of my life, and still miss it. But I
cannot change things.

I have rued that wrong choice for years, but cannot go back. I simply have asked God's forgiveness for my missteps and asked Him
to make things right, the way He wanted them to be, as much as can be done at this point. I have submitted to His authority over my life.

I am still committed to His plans for my life (in particular as a Counselor and Bible teacher), however He wants that to happen. Other events
I will just have to leave with Him to resolve, in His way and time.

How many times have each of us willfully, for noble reasons or selfish reasons, gone against the direction we have felt God calling
us toward? Our lives are permanently changed as a result. Can we get it right with God, and let Him rebuild our lives?

The answer is a resounding 'Yes!' God is in the restoration business - primarily in reconciling relationships starting with the one He
wants/has with us, but also as we let Him He can restore other relationships, careers, whatever it is we have fully committed into
His loving care.

It is important to start with apologizing to God for the choices made that you have knowingly opted for, and submitting fully to His authority
over your life, ask Him to rebuild. Be willing to make adjustments where necessary. After all, it is He Whom we want to glorify, right?
He is The One Who makes life worthwhile, and The One Whom we wish to share with others.

Let me encourage you --- start today! Get in step with God, The One with Whom you have an eternal relationship through Jesus...let
Him guide your steps and meet the needs of your heart, whatever those needs might be for He has no time frame - He just desires
to work with us so we give Him all the glory! He knows us full well, for He made us. He will tenderly care for our tender hearts when
we come to Him honestly, seeking Him.

Copyright 2011, Gretchen Offord, The Acts 1711 Project. All right reserved.

--The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him. Jeremiah 29:13 --
"This is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3
The Acts 1711 Project ~ Searching The Scriptures to Know Truth