Hudson to Jenkins

arvind

May 14, 2012, 6:45:29 AM5/14/12
to Jenkins Users
We are planning to migrate our current Hudson 2.2 ver to Jenkins 1.463
ver . In the migration document(https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/
JENKINS/Upgrading+from+Hudson+to+Jenkins#UpgradingfromHudsontoJenkins-
IfyouarethinkingaboutupgradingtoJenkinsbutnotreadytodosonow) , its
mentioned that migration is only supported for version 1.395 and
below .

Is there any other way though which we can get this migrated from 2.2
version of hudson ?

Thanks!

Marcel Schutte

May 15, 2012, 2:33:48 AM5/15/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I recently did this, it's not straightforward because Hudson 2.2 uses a different xml format for its config. With the help of some xsl I managed to do it. At the moment I am abroad, but I can send them tomorrow if you are interested.

Regards,Marcel

arvind

May 15, 2012, 2:39:54 AM5/15/12
to Jenkins Users
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the reply!
It would be great if you can share that information.

Thanks!

Jesse Farinacci

May 15, 2012, 8:19:16 AM5/15/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Marcel Schutte <maro.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently did this, it's not straightforward because Hudson 2.2 uses a different xml format for its config. With the help of some xsl I managed to do it. At the moment I am abroad, but I can send them tomorrow if you are interested.

Please send them to me as well, I would like to update the Job Import Plugin.

-Jesse

Bob

May 31, 2012, 12:50:20 PM5/31/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcel,

I too am trying to do this and would appreciate the helpful xsl.
Regards,
Bob

Marcel Schutte

Jun 4, 2012, 12:07:00 PM6/4/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The attachment contains my (very unpolished) code to convert the hudson 2.2 config format to that of jenkins.

Please note that it is not complete, only parts that we use are covered. But it should be easy from the examples to extend it.

Furthermore, after the migration, I discovered an error I made: the cvs scm info that I retained is incorrect. You should use the stuff that is found under /maven2-moduleset/project-properties/entry[string/text()='scm'].

Finally, add xalan-2.7.1.jar and serializer-2.7.1.jar to the project. They are needed to enable the use of exslt

Good luck,
Marcel
MigrateHudson.zip

Zoubeida Zarkouna

Jan 9, 2013, 12:05:00 PM1/9/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

HI,

Iam interested. Please send them to me as well, I would like to migrate from hudson to jenkins.

Thanksin advance.

Zoubeida Zarkouna

Jan 9, 2013, 12:05:37 PM1/9/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

HI,

Iam interested. Please send them to me as well, I would like to migrate from hudson to jenkins.

Thanksin advance.

بتاريخ الاثنين، 14 مايو، 2012 UTC+1 11:45:29 ص، كتب arvind:

Jeff

Jan 10, 2013, 12:21:35 AM1/10/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I wonder...does the job import plugin work between latest Jenkins and Hudson?  If so, you could bring up a clean Jenkins instance in parallel with Hudson.  It would require a manual configuration of Jenkins, but you could have Hudson open side-by-side to cut-N-paste settings.  Then you could import all the jobs.

Just a thought.
--
Jeff Vincent
preda...@gmail.com

Zoubeïda Zarkouna

Jan 9, 2013, 12:11:44 PM1/9/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
hi,

iam interested too. Please send them to me as well, I would like to migrate from
hudson 2.2 to jenkins.

romain....@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2013, 4:21:38 AM6/5/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm sorry for my english. if you have any comprehension problem, just ask me for precisions.

Like Arvind, i've migrated Jobs from hudson to jenkins.

I think about 3 differents ways to make it
- xsl transformation (thanks Marcel for your work)
- using jenkins cli (get-job) or groovy code
- using JobImport or ThinBackup Plugin

Have you any experiences about :
- using Plugin between jenkins and hudson ?
- using Cli/groovy command ?

One more question, is it the same xml export format with Cli/groovy command between jenkins and hudson (one probleme is that get-job command is not implemented on hudson) ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Stefan Wolf

Jun 30, 2013, 9:52:10 AM6/30/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, maro.s...@gmail.com
Hi Marcel,

would you mind putting your scripts in the Wiki or in some git-project? I think they would be interesting for quite some people.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Dmitry Katsubo

Jan 27, 2014, 11:22:48 AM1/27/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, maro.s...@gmail.com
Pity that transformations are implemented only for maven2-projects. I need migration for free-style projects.

Terry Zheng

Sep 8, 2015, 9:57:50 PM9/8/15
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

How to migrate to Jenkins from Hudson 3.3.0 ver,

I tried use plugin (Job Import and ThinBackup), copy files to jenkins_home form hudson, hudson cli without get-job command, unsatisfactory results all of above, always has configuration information of hudson's job is missing. Here is a same problem (not my post) Migrate latest stable HUDSON to latest stable LTS JENKINS

How can i restore the lost config of hudson's job in jenkins?

Thanks & Regards

在 2013年6月5日星期三 UTC+8下午4:21:38,Romain Deborde写道:

Slide

Sep 8, 2015, 10:19:25 PM9/8/15
to Jenkins Users
This is not supported by Jenkins. The format of the job information and plugin information stored on disk is quite different between Jenkins and Hudson post split.

suyog choudhari

Jul 3, 2016, 1:22:32 AM7/3/16
to Jenkins Users
Wanted to share my approach of migrating hudson to jenkins. My blog doesn't talk about jenkins setup issues but how I managed to build 100 hudson jobs with just 5 jenkins jobs.