Re:Trigger a job Y after an artifact from job X has been released?

Kevin Fleming (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)

Apr 9, 2014, 4:38:23 PM4/9/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This is called 'promotion'. Check out the Promoted Builds plugin.

Apr 9, 2014, 5:09:07 PM4/9/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Fleming

Ah yes. I have installed the promoted build plugin. I have then checked (for some reason the same option appears twice):

In a job X. Next I selected the job a to trigger under Action:

But when I run the maven-release on the job X and it completes the job a is not triggered. What am I missing?

dev123

Apr 10, 2014, 7:53:08 AM4/10/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Fleming
I now use the conditional trigger plugin where I set the boolean token to evaluate $IS_M2RELEASEBUILD. Works fine.