Stop publishing to jenkinsci/jenkins repo on Docker Hub

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 5, 2018, 5:32:53 AM12/5/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Just a notice that I filed https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-1934 to actually stop publishing to https://hub.docker.com/r/jenkinsci/jenkins/

This repo has been deprecated for a long time already, but we keep publishing images there. This creates IMO false expectations was just part of the cause of an issue we hit earlier on the infra side.

I think given the repo has been having an big fat warning for long already, this is quite a no-brainer, but wanted to send a notice here to keep possible people in the loop.

I will implement the change soon if there's no legitimate push-back.

Cheers.

-- Baptiste

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 6, 2018, 4:18:16 PM12/6/18
to Jenkins Developers
For the record, filed the associated PR as https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker/pull/771

Thank you

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 7, 2018, 9:12:43 AM12/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
Done. PR reviewed, approved, and merged.

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 7, 2018, 6:48:32 PM12/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
+1