Jenkins mark usage request from CloudBees

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Jul 27, 2017, 2:01:11 PM7/27/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of CloudBees, I’d like to request the permission to use the following name that uses ‘Jenkins’ in it:
  • CloudBees Jenkins Advisor

To help people understand how this name is going to be used, let me describe a bit about the effort for which we’d like to use this name.

CloudBees is going to launch a new free-as-in-beer service, delivered through a Jenkins plugin, which makes Jenkins instances periodically submit the support bundle (see support-core plugin) to our hosted system. Our system will analyze the contents of this, do some pattern matching against known issues and symptoms of problems, and send out e-mails when it detects new issues that require administrator’s attention.

When we look at name approval requests like this, a key criteria is to make sure it doesn’t create confusion about the origin of the effort. From that perspective, this name has ‘CloudBees’ clearly in front of it, and it is consistent with other names that are already approved. The situation and the considerations that led to the approval of the past requests hasn't really changed, so I hope the new name doesn’t raise any eyebrows and result in a smooth approval.

I’ve put this up as an agenda for Aug 2nd project meeting to be able to get a decision there. I might not be able to make it to that meeting, so I’ve asked Tyler to sponsor this agenda item. If you have any concerns or objections, please chime in on this thread prior to the meeting, so that we can address them.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi