Seeking new lead maintainer for the GitLab plugin

Owen B. Mehegan

Dec 13, 2016, 2:45:00 PM12/13/16
to Jenkins Developers
We are seeking new maintainers for the GitLab plugin! The existing codebase is clean and well-tested thanks to a lot of hard work done by Robin, the former lead maintainer, but he is no longer using GitLab and does not have spare time to keep working on the plugin. We're looking for an active GitLab user and experienced Java programmer to take over. The main work necessary at this point is resolving minor bugs and maintaining support for new versions of GitLab. I've been handling the triage of new issues and improvements to the documentation, but I'm not capable enough (read: at all) with Java to do much with the code. If you're interested, reach out to me here!

Daniel Beck

Dec 13, 2016, 7:47:17 PM12/13/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 13.12.2016, at 20:45, Owen B. Mehegan <ow...@nerdnetworks.org> wrote:
>
> We are seeking new maintainers for the GitLab plugin! The existing codebase is clean and well-tested thanks to a lot of hard work done by Robin, the former lead maintainer, but he is no longer using GitLab and does not have spare time to keep working on the plugin. We're looking for an active GitLab user and experienced Java programmer to take over. The main work necessary at this point is resolving minor bugs and maintaining support for new versions of GitLab. I've been handling the triage of new issues and improvements to the documentation, but I'm not capable enough (read: at all) with Java to do much with the code. If you're interested, reach out to me here!

I updated the wiki page to list the plugin as up for adoption and mention this thread.

Posa Bogdan

Jan 4, 2017, 5:22:35 AM1/4/17
to Jenkins Developers

Hello,

I am interested in becoming a maintainer of this plugin.

I am using the plugin at work.

Med Arrafi

Mar 27, 2017, 7:47:00 PM3/27/17
to Jenkins Developers
I would love to help you out! contact me if you're interested

Owen Mehegan

Mar 28, 2017, 12:31:33 AM3/28/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
We've had a few volunteers, but more would be welcome! Right now there are several open PRs which could use a review and +1, and a number of open issues as well. Some are marked as known bugs or feature requests, which anyone would be welcome to work on, and a few other unmarked ones need more investigation. Anything you can do to contribute would be great. Thanks!

khalid sookia

Oct 21, 2017, 12:04:22 PM10/21/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Owen, I would love to help

Owen Mehegan

Oct 21, 2017, 1:01:45 PM10/21/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! There are lots of open PRs that need review right now. And also a few issues labeled "bug" which could use investigation. If you'd like to work on any of those, that would be a great start! It's all in the Github repo. https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitlab-plugin/

Minjun Yu

May 2, 2018, 1:06:06 PM5/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I am interested in helping out on maintaining the gitlab-jenkins plugin.
Thank you!

Minjun

Michael Keyser

Jun 19, 2018, 1:31:28 PM6/19/18
to Jenkins Developers
Has this officially been adopted?  I see here that its status is still up for grabs.  Wondering if I should put any stock into using this plugin.

Owen Mehegan

Jun 19, 2018, 7:34:48 PM6/19/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Not to my knowledge ;)

I am still nominally maintaining, and happy to keep doing what I have been doing. But I don't have the luxury of working the plugin during work time as much as I used to, and my non-work time is absorbed by family obligations. I try to set aside a few hours every couple of weeks to look at issues, PRs, etc. but it is easy to get behind.

The plugin works fine as it is, so IMO there is no reason NOT to use it, nor is there any better alternative. It isn't abandoned, it is just less actively maintained than I would like. It would be great if someone else were motivated to take ownership of it, but in the absence of that I'm not intending to stop working on it entirely.