ssh-slaves plugin now uses trilead-api plugin instead trilead-ssh2 module

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Nov 20, 2018, 5:22:04 AM11/20/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I released ssh-slaves plugin two days ago and I break backward compatibility with plugins that use ssh-slaves as a dependency, this is because I start to use trilead-api plugin instead the trilead-ssh2 module from the core (similar to bouncycastle plugin), this change is motivated to be able to use different version of trilead than the core. Now is warned on the changelog and there is a section on the troubleshooting guide, in the next days I will manage to make PRs to every plugin that depends on ssh-slaves plugin to add the  trilead-api plugin dependency

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.jenkins-ci.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>trilead-api</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.1</version>
</dependency>

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.jenkins-ci.tools</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-hpi-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <globalMaskClasses>com.trilead.ssh2</globalMaskClasses>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Nov 20, 2018, 5:40:54 AM11/20/18
to Jenkins Developers
I will revert the change today

Mark Waite

Nov 20, 2018, 8:43:52 AM11/20/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I thought there was something unique to Java 11 that caused all my agents to be unable to connect to my Java test master when I started with recent plugins yesterday.  I'm relieved it was not specific to Java 11.

It looks like ssh-slaves 1.29.1 is the revert.  Is that correct?

Thanks!
Mark Waite

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:40 AM Ivan Fernandez Calvo <kuisat...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will revert the change today

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Nov 20, 2018, 8:52:48 AM11/20/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The ssh-slaves plugin 1.29.1 allows my ssh agents to connect in Java 11 testing.

Thanks!
--
Thanks!
Mark Waite

kuisathaverat

Nov 20, 2018, 11:39:28 AM11/20/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I unmasked the trilead classes on 1.29.1, it resolved the issue.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtF-Y%2B0JyRYD-oRh-ku5wx%2BfnLx-B%2BOxWB0%2BYekQwqiezA%40mail.gmail.com.