Limiting Repo Access

Justin Collins

Mar 28, 2013, 8:33:56 PM3/28/13
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, and apologies if this has come up before.

On GitHub, the JenkinsCI organization has a ton of "teams" - on per plugin plus some others. I am not sure what the process is at the moment, but the team I'm on (jenkinsci/brakeman-plugin-developers) is often granted access to other plugin repos I have nothing to do with. I don't want this access. I don't want to be able to perform dangerous operations (e.g. deleting the repo) on random repos. In the past I've actually gone through and removed the brakeman-plugin-developers team from other repos, but I don't seem to have this ability now.

If there is going to be one team set up per repo/plugin, then the team should be restricted to that repo. Right now ~150 teams have access to jenkinsci/brakeman-plugin. That kind of defeats the point of having teams.

Thanks,
Justin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Apr 3, 2013, 1:59:44 PM4/3/13
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Justin Collins

If I recall correctly, when a new repository is added to an
organization, somehow that repo gets added to all the teams. And while
our IRC bot does try to fix this up, if it fails in the middle, it
leaves the mess behind.

I think what I'm going to do is to write a program that periodically
runs and inspect all the team setup and do the fix up.
> --

Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/
Try Nectar, our professional version of Jenkins