[nbweekly] NetBeans News, a newsletter for the NetBeans community Issue # 665

Carlos Fernando Gonçalves

Nov 11, 2014, 4:36:18 PM11/11/14
to javano...@googlegroups.com

Issue # 665 - Nov 11, 2014

Community

NetBeans Day in Germany

Come to a 100% free NetBeans Day in Munich, Germany, on Tuesday, 2 December! Organized by the NetBeans Dream Team and featuring well known speakers, such as Adam Bien, Markus Eisele, and Toni Epple, this will be a great event -- don't miss out and sign up today.

Tweet of the Week: @SeanMiPhillips

With a mix of JavaFX I've helped build 3 NASA ground systems via the NetBeans Platform + Swing.

Igwe Kalu: My Five Favorite NetBeans IDE Features!

"I like that the IDE supports a wide range of languages, tools, and frameworks out of the box. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. That also makes it very easy to learn with the IDE." Find out more from Igwe Kalu, from Istanbul, Turkey.

Partners

Visual Paradigm

Watch a screencast by NetBeans partner Visual Paradigm, showing how to use Hibernate in NetBeans via the Visual Paradigm plugin in NetBeans IDE 8.0.1

Articles

Execution Wrappers for IoT Development in NetBeans IDE 8.0.1

If your program for deployment to the Raspberry Pi is executed without "root" rights, you can now wrap it from within NetBeans in an execution wrapper, such as 'sudo'.

Another Reason to Learn JavaFX

JavaFX led Foote Partners’ June 2014 list of the most lucrative non-certified IT skills in the U.S. and Canada, with a bonus equivalent of 9 to 13 percent of employees’ base pay.

Tutorials

YouTube: Scala and NetBeans IDE 8.0.1

Learn how to say hello in Scala with NetBeans IDE 8.0.1.

YouTube: Scene Builder in NetBeans IDE 8.0.1

A quick introduction to Gaurav Gupta's great plugin for using the JavaFX Scene Builder within NetBeans IDE.

NetBeans Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by the NetBeans Team.

This newsletter is accessible also at netbeans.org, newsletter archive

--

Cordialmente,
Carlos Fernando Gonçalves