railo showing `can't convert [java.lang.Double] to [int[]]`

Randy Merrill

May 25, 2011, 1:23:24 PM5/25/11
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
I saw this popping up in the railo console when trying to use the JavaLoader in MXUnit.

There isn't anything thrown in the code, just curious what is causing the console error?

Here is the code I'm running as a test:

Randy Merrill

May 25, 2011, 1:28:37 PM5/25/11
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, here is the stacktrace showing:

can't convert [java.lang.Double] to [int[]]
at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.convert(Reflector.java:290)
at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.getMethodInstanceEL(Reflector.java:409)
at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.getMethodInstance(Reflector.java:452)
at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:241)
at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:269)
at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:733)
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1440)
at test.gists.javaloader_cant_convert_double_to_int_arr6930.javaloader.javaloader_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/Users/randy/Projects/test/gists/javaloader-cant-convert-double-to-int-arr/javaloader/JavaLoader.cfc:299)
at test.gists.javaloader_cant_convert_double_to_int_arr6930.javaloader.javaloader_cfc$cf.udfCall(/Users/randy/Projects/test/gists/javaloader-cant-convert-double-to-int-arr/javaloader/JavaLoader.cfc)
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:230)
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:434)
at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:399)
at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:738)
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1440)
at test.gists.javaloader_cant_convert_double_to_int_arr6930.javaloader.javaloader_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/Users/randy/Projects/test/gists/javaloader-cant-convert-double-to-int-arr/javaloader/JavaLoader.cfc:49)
at test.gists.javaloader_cant_convert_double_to_int_arr6930.javaloader.javaloader_cfc$cf.udfCall(/Users/randy/Projects/test/gists/javaloader-cant-convert-double-to-int-arr/javaloader/JavaLoader.cfc)

AJ Mercer

May 26, 2011, 2:51:23 AM5/26/11
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
I forwarded this to the Railo team and below is the response.

You would be better off directing these questions to the Railo mail list

without a testcase that shows me the problem, I can only speculate.
but i think the problem is that Railo already include a tagsoup.jar in a different version and the classes from this jar are used.
you can test this by removing the build in tagsoup.jar and restart the servlet container. the tagsoup.jar for example is used for "resolveurl" in tag cfhttp.
you can also use the build in tagsoup.jar with the function HTMLParse(html), this function works the same way as the xmlParse function.
/micha

AJ Mercer

May 28, 2011, 7:45:47 PM5/28/11
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
another response from the Railo team

Micha and I actually looked at (I think) this very issue at
cfobjective.  Try this on line 299 of JavaLoader.cfc to get rid of the
error:
var urls = Array.newInstance(Class.forName("java.net.URL"),
javaCast("int",ArrayLen(jars)));
"JavaLoader is doing all kinds of stuff" was as far as we tracked it
down to, IIRC.  :)
:Denny

AJ Mercer

May 30, 2011, 6:10:00 PM5/30/11
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
follow up response from Railo team

I was not able to fix this issue, because I was not able to reproduce in my environment.
if there is a testcase that shows the problem, I can solve this, that and no workaround is needed.
/micha