v7 switch done

Peter Mehlitz

Jun 22, 2013, 12:48:01 AM6/22/13
to java-pathfinder@googlegroups.com Pathfinder
and with that the 'v7-dev' branch of jpf-core was unceremoniously switched over to 'default' - the king is dead, long live the king!

If you still rely on version 6, there is now a new 'v6' branch, i.e. you have to do an explicit

hg update v6

to restore the old default contents. There was only one little deviation from the plan: instead of merging 'v7-dev' into 'default' (which would have created a huge change set), we closed the old 'default', branched 'v7-dev' into a new 'default' and then closed 'v7-dev'. Which means the new 'default' is not the old 'default' - they just happen to be two branches with the same name, of which one is closed. If you prefer not to do a fresh clone but want to update an existing jpf-core, please make sure you tell Mercurial to do a cross branch update by doing a

hg update --check

or otherwise your working copy will not show the new 'default' contents. However, I would recommend doing a fresh clone, which alas will land you automatically in JPF version 7.

If you want to see the scope of changes, you can do things such as

hg status --rev v6
hg diff --stat --rev v6

which will give you an idea why we didn't want to merge v7-dev into the old default.

Most - but not all - live extensions on babelfish have been ported (jpf-numeric, jpf-statechart, jpf-awt, jpf-aprop, jpf-shell and the IDE plugins) and also include now a 'v6' branch in addition to their respective v7 compatible 'default' branches. Doing respective "hg diff"s between the v6 and the tips will show you what has to be changed for v7 compatibility (instruction factories: jpf-numeric, listeners: jpf-aprop, peers: jpf-awt).

-- Peter