extras that provide business value

an...@sparcctucson.com

Aug 29, 2017, 10:49:23 AM8/29/17
to JanusGraph users
Janus is such a compelling database to switch to. Right now we use Neo4j. There are a couple of features that neo4j has that are very useful and I was wondering if they are on the roadmap for Janus?

1. bulk uploading via csv files. the neo4j import tool is powerful; its like a language dedicated for bulk loading existing data. there are many cases where this is a must have.
2. data visualization via browser. pretty data visualizations make everyone happy

Robert Dale

Aug 30, 2017, 10:42:33 AM8/30/17
to an...@sparcctucson.com, JanusGraph users
Not speaking for the roadmap...

1. Usually it takes a trivial amount of groovy to parse csv and add the nodes
2. You can point this at a Gremlin server:  https://github.com/bricaud/graphexp

Robert Dale

Misha Brukman

Aug 30, 2017, 10:50:55 AM8/30/17
to an...@sparcctucson.com, JanusGraph users
Re: visualization: you can use Gephi or Cytoscape (both open source). In addition, several commercial graph visualization vendors are working on integrations with JanusGraph that will be announced in the near future.

Otto Fowler

Nov 3, 2017, 9:07:25 AM11/3/17
to JanusGraph users
https://github.com/IBM/janusgraph-utils

IBM seems to have some Janus Graph Utilities for this... here is a tutorial around it.