JaCoCo 0.8.0

Evgeny Mandrikov

Jan 4, 2018, 11:03:58 AM1/4/18
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hi all,

JaCoCo Team wishes you a Happy New Year! And pleased to announce that JaCoCo version 0.8.0 has been released!

This release includes
  • simple command line interface
  • during creation of report various compiler generated artifacts are filtered out, which otherwise require unnecessary and sometimes impossible tricks to not have partial or missed coverage
  • many other improvements and bug fixes
As usual you'll find full change log on page http://jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/changes.html

Please Note

Tools that directly read exec files (which is not a final report) and embed JaCoCo for generation of report will provide filtering functionality only after they updated to this version of JaCoCo.
So please follow/wait/etc respective vendors such as
Reports generated by corresponding version (0.8.0) of integrations developed as part of JaCoCo project by us (Ant Tasks, Maven Plugin and Command Line Interface) provide filtering functionality.

With Gradle JaCoCo Plugin you can select both runtime and version for "JaCoCoReport" task using "toolVersion" - https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/jacoco_plugin.html

As always we recommend you to use latest released version.

Thank your for your patience in waiting for this release.
And many thanks to all real contributors for their bug reports, patches and testing of pre-release. We appreciate your help!

Enjoy!

This conversation is locked