Is the Bhaktivedanta Archives Another Peyton Place?

Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP)

Mar 10, 2010, 5:41:41 AM3/10/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com, Vaisnav...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Prabhus, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

In answer to the following question:

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP) <praty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are [Nitya-trpta dd] and Krishna Prema still married?

I just now received the following information from an anonymous source:

"No. She went back to her first husband, Ekanath, and [
Krishna Prema] is with another woman."

This is outrageous! From this little tidbit, we can deduce the following:

1. The head of the Bhaktivedanta Archives, Ekanatha Das, used to be married to Nitya-trpta dd, who also now works at the Archives.

2. Nitya-trpta and Ekanatha both got divorced.

3. Both of them remarried, Nitya-trpta dd to Krishna Prema from Italy who got initiated by Bhagavan ex-swami and then re-initiated by Harikesa ex-swami and is now "with another woman."

4.
Nitya-trpta and Ekanatha both got divorced again!

5. Then Nitya-trpta went back to her 1st husband, Ekanatha das at the Archives!

Do any of you know any more of the details of this scandal? Who is Ekanatha's 2nd wife, and where are she and Ekanatha's children now? Did Ekanatha ever succeed in selling his comfortable country grha (house)? I guess not, because it is still listed on the Bhaktivedanta Archives' official website:

http://www.prabhupada.com/home/

Now we know where our money goes when we donate to the Archives!

And we wonder why, after 32 years, they still haven't made high quality, unedited, unprocessed copies of all of Srila Prabhupada's audio tapes? These are not grhasthas. They are definitely grhamedhis!  :-(

Isn't it high time for a changing of the guard at the Bhaktivedanta Archives? Shouldn't someone be in charge of the Archives who at least comes up to the karmi standards of morality (no divorce)? (My wife and I never got divorced. My parents never got divorced. I have 3 siblings, all 3 of whom got married when they were young, and none of them ever got divorced. It's not so unusual!)

Do you really want Srila Prabhupada's priceless legacy to be in the hands of such low-class, immoral people who are simply in it for the money?

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP)

Mar 10, 2010, 9:18:35 AM3/10/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com, Vaisnav...@yahoogroups.com
Mar 10, 2010, 10:07:48 AM3/10/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com, Vaisnav...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Kapindra Maharaja, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Good question. I don't think that public lectures can be copyrighted, but the private conversations might be another matter. However, an ISKCON lawyer who looked into the matter told me some years ago, that none of Srila Prabhupada's recorded materials, even including the record albums, were ever legally copyrighted, so they are all in the public domain. Therefore, the BBTI, when they claim to hold the copyrights, are either simply in illusion or they are just pretending.

A few years back, a devotee started a "Govinda's" restaurant in Chapel Hill, North Carolina that sold beer and wine. When the GBC man in charge of restaurants, Badrinarayana das, tried to sue them, he found out that even the name "Govinda's" wasn't trademarked or copyrighted, so he had no legal basis for a lawsuit. The end result was that the GBC agreed to pay the restaurant owner $5000 if he would please, pretty please, just change the name from "Govinda's" to "Gavinda's!" Might be a good way for other entrepreneurs to make some money off the GBC! :-o

On a related issue, please see the forwarded message below together with the comment from a female older devotee from Prabhupada Village (where the Bhaktivedanta Archives is located).

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM, pss...@juno.com <pss...@juno.com> wrote:
Does the Archives have the sole rights to Srila Prabhupada's  lectures,etc or it is public property like the Hare Krishna  mantra and the Bhagavad-gita?  Kapindra Swami

From: Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP) <praty...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 12:12 PM

If you don't want to receive emails such as this one, then please reply, changing the subject line to "Remove."

Mar 10, 2010, 10:58:11 AM3/10/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com, Vaisnav...@yahoogroups.com