Error in installing packages

Jonathan Schwartz

Mar 27, 2016, 1:20:11 PM3/27/16
to Israel R User Group
Hi,

When I try to install packages I get the following error.
It happens also when I try to install from CRAN and also when it install from zip files.
Everything I found online has to do with proxies and firewalls which I suspect aren't relevant here since also from zip fails.

This is on my windows computer at work which is not very free and open but the IT guys like me so I can get them to try anything.

Thanks!

Error:

Installing package into ‘\\netapp/users/usf19750/R/win-library/3.2

(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

Error in read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) :

  cannot open the connection

In addition: Warning messages:

1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) :

  write error in extracting from zip file

2: In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) :

  cannot open compressed file 'glmnet/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'

Jonathan Schwartz

Mar 29, 2016, 7:02:08 AM3/29/16
to Israel R User Group
Solved.

For some reason R didn't have permission to write files on the network . So saved packages locally and then copied over.