Encoding Issues when queryng SQLite through Rstudio on wins machine issue.

Marc Sokolowski

Sep 25, 2015, 5:06:50 PM9/25/15
to Israel R User Group

Hi,

I missed the R-Hack day. So I followed the process with the products uploaded in here. In particular

I downloaded the SQLite data base and R-studio. I found that key component with SQLite does not work for me (neither with R-studio nor with SQLite console). It seems the like keyword does not work on my system.

Query below returns zero elements. (

Btw, table stores_markers went missing…

Selected output of system info and queries…

I am running this on windows machine.

Did any of you guys managed to run it on windows?

Thanks,

Marc.

Yoni Sidi

Sep 26, 2015, 12:23:43 AM9/26/15
to Israel R User Group
hi

we found the same problems when building the sqlitedb. look at the sql documentation from the meeting.

https://rawgit.com/yonicd/supermarketprices/master/hackathon/SQL.html

look for the technical note in the rsqlite section.

i havent had time to find a solution but it probably is with the raw encoding of the data.frame i used to make tge db tables. the backbone for the dplyr and rsqlite is the DB package which converts all encoding to utf8 and variable types to varchar instead of varcharf which is needed to run the string query functions in hebrew from what i understand.