Adding a new user/Unauthorized/(AuthFilterJAAS) Login Failure

William McDuff

May 18, 2012, 2:47:49 PM5/18/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I have a working, live, if old installation of Islandora. I made a new
user and new permission level in Drupal, assigned the user to the
permission level and then modified fedora-users.xml to include the new
user with the following ([]'d info replaced with the actual information,
of course):

<user name="[username]" password="[md5sum'd hash of password]">
<attribute name="fedoraRole">
<value>fedoraUser</value>
</attribute>
</user>

Still getting the Unauthorized error when I log in though. I can access
the files through the Description, but not see the live zoomable pdf.
Works just fine when logged out. The new role has more permissions in
Drupal, so that doesn't seem likely to be the problem. Fedora log
showing the expected "(AuthFilterJAAS) Login Failure: all modules
ignored" error for not getting access. Am I forgetting something
obvious here? Would having an ampersand in the password mess up the
hash, perhaps? echo "pass&word" | md5sum seems like it should be OK for
generating the hash...

WM

William McDuff

May 18, 2012, 2:55:44 PM5/18/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and I've restarted Fedora, of course. And the machine, just to see
if that would help. No luck.