files zisez

Leandro Castro

Jul 23, 2012, 12:58:48 PM7/23/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Is there any max. size for the audio, pdf and video files that are inserted in each collection???

Thanks!!!

David Wilcox

Jul 23, 2012, 1:20:46 PM7/23/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leandro,

If you're talking about uploading a file through the Islandora
interface, the file size limit will be restricted by the PHP settings
on your server. And any file larger than 1.8GB or so will fail to
upload over an HTTP connection - this isn't an Islandora issue; it's
just a limitation of uploading over HTTP.

Do you have files larger than 1.8GB that you need to ingest?

David
> --

David Wilcox, BA, MLIS
Islandora Training/Support Coordinator
Robertson Library
University of Prince Edward Island
dwi...@upei.ca
Skype Name: david.wilcox82
902.620.5167

Leandro Castro

Jul 23, 2012, 1:24:00 PM7/23/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Perfect David, no i Just wanna to know if there is any restriction ot this kind to inform the users of my application about that, but as you tell me thers not any islandora restriction.

Thanks a lot!!!

A L

Feb 9, 2015, 4:23:45 PM2/9/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, castrol...@gmail.com
Hi,

What if I have file size of video more than 1.8GB? What are my options? Please advise.

Thanks!

Phil Redmon

Feb 10, 2015, 12:53:02 PM2/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, castrol...@gmail.com
I think there's a plupload functionality that should allow streaming uploads. I've never used it though.

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

phil

A L

Feb 16, 2015, 5:17:54 PM2/16/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, castrol...@gmail.com
Hi Phil -

Could you please share a link? I would like to know ways to upload video file of size more than 1.8GB.

Melissa Anez

Feb 16, 2015, 6:03:57 PM2/16/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, castrol...@gmail.com
Islandora Plupload is in discoverygarden's Github: https://github.com/discoverygarden/islandora_plupload