Islandora Interest Groups and invite to the Islandora Preservation Interest Group

Donald Moses

Apr 4, 2014, 8:27:55 AM4/4/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hello Islandora Community.

This email serves two purposes:

1. To let the Islandora community know that the Islandora Roadmap Committee has approved the concept of and provided guidelines for the formation of Islandora Interest Groups.  If you'd like to start an Islandora Interest Group, please review the guidelines.

2. To announce the creation of and invitation to the community to the Islandora Preservation Interest Group. If you are interested in participating feel free to respond to this message or add a comment to the membership section of the group's document.  We'll work on an agenda and meeting date once we have a sense of participants. If you see something that should be modified or added in the terms of reference, feel free to comment.

Best,
Don

Ryan Gjerde

Apr 4, 2014, 1:06:38 PM4/4/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I'm very interested in the discussion of preservation services as part of Islandora.  I don't know if I would have much to add to the discussion at the moment, but would love to follow the conversation, and increase my familiarity.

Mark Jordan

Apr 4, 2014, 1:18:22 PM4/4/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Please do join. The more use cases and local practices we can draw from, the better.

Mark

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Nathan Books

Apr 7, 2014, 3:41:28 PM4/7/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the Founder's Library at Northern Illinois University, we would like to participate in this group as well!

-Nathan Books
Northern Illinois University

Aaron Collie

Apr 7, 2014, 4:15:47 PM4/7/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome and I'd like to contribute. Count me in for Michigan State University.

Aaron Collie
Digital Curation Librarian
MSU Libraries
tel: 517.884.0867 email: col...@msu.edu
tweet: aaroncollie site: http://staff.lib.msu.edu/collie/

Alex Kent

Bolam, Michael R

Apr 8, 2014, 4:20:55 PM4/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com

I am also interesting. You can count me in as a representative for University of Pittsburgh.

Michael Bolam

Metadata Librarian for Digital Production

University Library System

University of Pittsburgh

Kelli B

Apr 9, 2014, 1:33:52 PM4/9/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Please add my name to the list:

Kelli Babcock, University of Toronto Libraries

Thanks,
Kelli

Davison, Stephen

Apr 9, 2014, 3:35:20 PM4/9/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Re: Islandora Preservation Interest Group. Count me in. Thanks.

Stephen Davison
Head, UCLA Digital Library Program
390 Powell Library Building
Box 957201
Los Angeles, CA 90095

Apr 15, 2014, 7:38:30 PM4/15/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Can I be added to the list as well?  Allison Brown (University of Otago Library).

Becky Yoose

Apr 16, 2014, 4:18:57 PM4/16/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Grinnell is interested in joining the IG. You can put my name down for the membership list (+ others, since we might have different people here coming in and out of the conversation depending on the topic).

Thanks,
Becky

------------------------
Becky Yoose
Discovery and Integrated Systems Librarian
Grinnell College Libraries

Ernie Gillis

Apr 22, 2014, 9:52:06 AM4/22/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Yes from Berklee College of Music Archives!
Would be myself, and the archivist, Sofia Becerra-Licha -- she will soon be signing up for this google group as well.
Ernie

Nick Ruest

May 2, 2014, 3:41:03 PM5/2/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks-

I've setup our work space[1]. We can use the Issue system for any
discussion topics we might have, and the wiki or repo for documentation
and meeting minutes.

I've added as many of you that I know that have Github accounts to the
team and repo. If I don't have you added and you have a Github account,
please let me know. If you don't have any account, now is your chance to
sign-up :-)

cheers!

[1] https://github.com/Islandora/Islandora-Preservation-Interest-Group

On 14-04-04 08:27 AM, Donald Moses wrote:
> Hello Islandora Community.
>
> This email serves two purposes:
>
> 1. To let the Islandora community know that the Islandora Roadmap
> Committee has approved the concept of and provided guidelines for the
> formation of Islandora Interest Groups
> <http://islandora.ca/content/establishing-islandora-interest-groups>.
> If you'd like to start an Islandora Interest Group, please review the
> guidelines
> <http://islandora.ca/content/establishing-islandora-interest-groups>.
>
> 2. To announce the creation of and invitation to the community to the
> Islandora Preservation Interest Group
> <https://docs.google.com/a/upei.ca/document/d/1o6GeNbFQsR5L_4BBe1UtwbORcRnW0ii0SXoGdEDfR98/edit#>.
> If you are interested in participating feel free to respond to this
> message or add a comment to the membership section of the group's
> document
> <https://docs.google.com/a/upei.ca/document/d/1o6GeNbFQsR5L_4BBe1UtwbORcRnW0ii0SXoGdEDfR98/edit#>.
> We'll work on an agenda and meeting date once we have a sense of
> participants. If you see something that should be modified or added in
> the terms of reference, feel free to comment.
>
> Best,
> Don
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---

Stephen Davison

May 6, 2014, 2:47:53 PM5/6/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Nick, I've signed up for GitHub... username "nosivads"
Count me in. Thanks.
Stephen Davison
UCLA Digital Library Program

nick ruest

May 6, 2014, 3:19:19 PM5/6/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Perfect! Got you added.

-nruest

Jane Monson

May 7, 2014, 11:44:38 AM5/7/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Please add me to the group as well. Thanks.

Jane Monson
Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Northern Colorado

Nick Ruest

May 8, 2014, 2:09:16 AM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane-

I'll get you add to the list. What's you Github username?

-nruest

On 14-05-07 11:44 AM, Jane Monson wrote:
> Please add me to the group as well. Thanks.
>
> Jane Monson
> Digital Initiatives Librarian
> University of Northern Colorado
>
> On Friday, April 4, 2014 6:27:55 AM UTC-6, Donald Moses wrote:
>
> Hello Islandora Community.
>
> This email serves two purposes:
>
> 1. To let the Islandora community know that the Islandora Roadmap
> Committee has approved the concept of and provided guidelines for
> the formation of Islandora Interest Groups
> <http://islandora.ca/content/establishing-islandora-interest-groups>.
> If you'd like to start an Islandora Interest Group, please review
> the guidelines
> <http://islandora.ca/content/establishing-islandora-interest-groups>.
>
> 2. To announce the creation of and invitation to the community to
> the Islandora Preservation Interest Group
> <https://docs.google.com/a/upei.ca/document/d/1o6GeNbFQsR5L_4BBe1UtwbORcRnW0ii0SXoGdEDfR98/edit#>.
> If you are interested in participating feel free to respond to this
> message or add a comment to the membership section of the group's
> document
> <https://docs.google.com/a/upei.ca/document/d/1o6GeNbFQsR5L_4BBe1UtwbORcRnW0ii0SXoGdEDfR98/edit#>.
> We'll work on an agenda and meeting date once we have a sense of
> participants. If you see something that should be modified or added
> in the terms of reference, feel free to comment.
>
> Best,
> Don

Ernie Gillis

May 8, 2014, 9:16:26 AM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I have a github username, but not keen about publically posting it (don't mind islandora group knowing, but more public / bot consumption concern).

nick ruest

May 8, 2014, 9:55:15 AM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Feel free to shoot me an email with it and I'll get you added to the team.

-nruest

Jane Monson

May 8, 2014, 11:51:21 AM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
My username is jmonson77.

Thanks!

Jane

nick ruest

May 8, 2014, 11:53:53 AM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Perfect. I've got you added to the team.

-nruest

Andrew Berger

May 8, 2014, 6:10:04 PM5/8/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I am just getting started with Islandora and would like to join the group as well. I don't have a github username yet, but will be signing up.

Andrew Berger

Digital Archivist
Computer History Museum

Nick Ruest

May 9, 2014, 1:43:00 AM5/9/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew-

I have you added to the list, and we you get your Github account setup,
I'll get you added to the team.

In addition, if you haven't done so already, please fill out the Doodle
poll[1] for the first meeting.

cheers!

-nruest

[1] http://doodle.com/nzzm4wghv46askhe

Allison Brown

May 11, 2014, 6:10:58 PM5/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick. My username for GitHub is allisonbrown44, can you add me?

Kind regards,
Allison

Allison Brown • Digital Services Coordinator | Central Library, University of Otago • New Zealand | T: +64 3 479 3961 | E: alliso...@otago.ac.nz | W: http://www.otago.ac.nz/library | @Initiatives_lib

Nick Ruest

May 11, 2014, 6:30:52 PM5/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Allison-

I have you all setup.

cheers!

-nruest

Ryan Gjerde

May 12, 2014, 9:25:10 AM5/12/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nick,
 My GitHub user name is gjerdery

Thanks,
Ryan Gjerde
Luther College

Nick Ruest

May 12, 2014, 11:48:12 AM5/12/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan-

I've added you to the team.

cheers!

-nruest

Nathan Books

May 20, 2014, 4:45:37 PM5/20/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nick,

My gitbhub username is nbooks.

Thank you!
Nathan Books
Northern Illinois University

Nick Ruest

May 20, 2014, 5:54:48 PM5/20/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nathan!

I have you added to the team,

cheers!

-nruest

er...@discoverygarden.ca

Sep 5, 2014, 9:27:38 AM9/5/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hello Preservation Interest Group!

QA Dan at discoverygarden recently tested Islandora Checksum, Islandora FITS, Islandora Checksum checker, Islandora BagIt , Islandora PREMIS. It resulted in some feedback that could be helpful for the modules going forward. Let me know how I can share this feedback with the group.

~ Erin

Nick Ruest

Sep 5, 2014, 9:30:18 AM9/5/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
If he could join the September 8th[1] call, that would be fantastic!

-nruest

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/islandora/OGuwArIG3IQ/Y1GQjvLpXFUJ
> > an email to islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <http://groups.google.com/group/islandora>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Brad Spry

Sep 11, 2014, 8:14:36 AM9/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Days late and a dollar short...  I would love to join the group please:   Brad Spry (UNC Charlotte)  github: bradspry

Alex Kent

Sep 11, 2014, 8:57:00 AM9/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Isn't the call on September 11 at 11 (Central Time)?  Or are you referring to an additional call?  Thanks!

Nick Ruest

Sep 11, 2014, 9:22:17 AM9/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brad-

I have you added to the list. If you plan on joining in on today's call,
you'll need to add me on Skype. My Skype username is 'ruestn'.

-nruest

On 14-09-11 08:14 AM, Brad Spry wrote:
> Days late and a dollar short... I would love to join the group please:
> Brad Spry (UNC Charlotte) github: bradspry

Nick Ruest

Sep 11, 2014, 9:23:06 AM9/11/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex-

My apologies. The call is today. I just mentioned the wrong date in the
message, but linked to the right date in the message.

-nruest

On 14-09-11 08:56 AM, Alex Kent wrote:
> Isn't the call on September 11 at 11 (Central Time)? Or are you
> referring to an additional call? Thanks!
>
> On Friday, September 5, 2014 8:30:18 AM UTC-5, nick ruest wrote:
>
> If he could join the September 8th[1] call, that would be fantastic!
>
> -nruest
>
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/islandora/OGuwArIG3IQ/Y1GQjvLpXFUJ
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/islandora/OGuwArIG3IQ/Y1GQjvLpXFUJ>

dyk...@missouri.edu

Oct 3, 2014, 8:37:10 PM10/3/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi!  May I still join the Preservation Interest Group?
Felicity Dykas
University of Missouri

Nick Ruest

Oct 4, 2014, 3:21:44 AM10/4/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Of course! I've added you to the list of members. Our next meeting will
be later on this month. Mark Jordan should be sending out a date
soonish. The potential dates and times are available that this[1] Doodle
poll.

In the interim, feel free to check out our Github repo[2] where we keep
our meeting minutes[3] and background papers[4].

-nruest

[1] https://doodle.com/ispsskvp5sqp6qrf#table
[2] https://github.com/Islandora/Islandora-Preservation-Interest-Group
[3]