Weird behaviour after adding new MODS form

John

May 4, 2012, 5:12:05 PM5/4/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I have added a new form to a content model associated with the islandora basic image collection.  I built the form by copying and editing an existing MODS form using the form building tools.  I then associated the form with the content model and it appears fine.  The only change I made to the form was to add a field.  Now when I add images to the collection I can add information to the new fields but it is not saved.  If I go and edit the object after it has been added, I can add another instance of the field but it now has the value I included in the field when I added it to the form.  This default value is saved.

Have I followed the correct procedure for changing the MODS data associated with a content model?  Why would my new field values not be saved?  Is xml created on form submission checked against anything?  I have not included a schema.

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.

John

David Wilcox

May 8, 2012, 7:46:10 AM5/8/12
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

The method you followed should work. Can you send me your modified
MODS form so I can take a look at it and try it in my own
installation? You can just send it to dwi...@upei.ca.

Regards,

David
> --