[alpha] New module for Islandora + Islandora Solr - "Barnard Collection View"

bro...@barnard.edu

Jan 19, 2016, 1:42:15 PM1/19/16
to islandora-dev
Dear all,

I've been writing a module for our needs here at Barnard College.

This module, while still early in development, aims to mimic certain behaviors from the Islandora Solr Views module, but also permit the user to search, sort, facet, and explore the collection without navigating them away from the page. See the images down below for a quick TL;DR.

Summarily, this module adds a content type that requires a starting Solr query to build a 'collection view' (i.e., what the end-user sees when she/he first hits the page). The Solr query can be as complex as necessary - the end user never sees it. There are additional options, mainly controlling how advanced search and faceting work and display on the page (still a WIP). End-users can explore content from this collection as though they had preformed the search themselves...

Again this module is super early in dev, and really aims to meet a need here @ Barnard. I hope to contrib this module back once I've had time to mature it more and 'strip' some of the branding. Thoughts, comments, critique are requested. I'm aware of the missing license, I'm in a holding pattern.

Module in action: http://imgur.com/a/6z3mC

As a final note: I'm so confident this code will break something, preview at your own risk.

Many thanks and best,
Ben

Melissa Anez

Jan 19, 2016, 3:10:17 PM1/19/16
to islandora-dev
Thanks for sharing this! If you don't mind, I'll include in the next round up of modules on the islandora.ca blog, so more folks can see it!

- Melissa

bro...@barnard.edu

Jan 19, 2016, 3:11:56 PM1/19/16
to islandora-dev