demo's and the current 0.4 beta?

DrTwitch

Mar 13, 2012, 11:54:52 AM3/13/12
to iPhoneWebDev
i am really sad.
i looked at the example dialog page
http://www.iui-js.org/documentation/0.50/styles-themes.html#standalone
and tried to use the Dialog Box
which renders like this:
http://www.iui-js.org/documentation/0.50/getting-started/example-dialog.html#_screen1

i used the downloaded sheets and the source code on the demonstration
page. ( http://www.iui-js.org/download ) 0.4 beta 2

unfortunately the form elements are jumbled up.
https://itwebforms.grinnell.edu/m/apage.asp#_screen1

the style sheets on the demonstration site are "younger" than the
one's i can download.

is there any help or advice on getting the demonstration to work with
the current 0.4 or possibly is there a way to get to 0.5?

Remi Grumeau

Mar 13, 2012, 12:15:24 PM3/13/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
It really seems we should unlink the documentation for now.... : (

Documentation is using 0.5:

What is actually strange is that 0.4beta2 dialog works fine too:

click on "Search" in the toolbar.

You should probably give 0.4beta2 a try:

Remi

Jeff Lowe

Mar 13, 2012, 12:27:05 PM3/13/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
If you use the Safari Developer console, you can manually grab all the (presumably) 0.5 files from the server. It is a pain, but I did that in order to get some of the newer features that 0.4 doesn't include.

DrTwitch

Mar 14, 2012, 5:18:06 PM3/14/12
to iPhoneWebDev
thanks.
i am working on a possible production web page and so i was hoping to
have some kind of "stable" version of the code for a roll out. So it
sounds like i should be working with the 0.4 and use the url you
supplied instead of the 0.5 site that is currently up.

one other question i had about the framework, exactly how well they
should "behave" on non-mobile devices. so for example i am opening the
page in chrome and a couple of the dialogs are not filled in.
i am guessing that basically there are no promises with reguard to non-
mobile browsers.

On Mar 13, 11:27 am, Jeff Lowe <j...@jefflowe.com> wrote:
> If you use the Safari Developer console, you can manually grab all the
> (presumably) 0.5 files from the server. It is a pain, but I did that in
> order to get some of the newer features that 0.4 doesn't include.
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Remi Grumeau <remi.grum...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > It really seems we should unlink the documentation for now.... : (
>
> > Documentation is using 0.5:
> >http://we-are-gurus.com/iui/0.5a1/samples/music/music.html#_home
>
> > What is actually strange is that 0.4beta2 dialog works fine too:
> >http://we-are-gurus.com/iui/0.4b2/samples/music/music.html#_home
>
> > click on "Search" in the toolbar.
>
> > You should probably give 0.4beta2 a try:
> >http://code.google.com/p/iui/downloads/list
>
> > Remi
>
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM, DrTwitch <twitc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> i am really sad.
> >> i looked at the example dialog page
> >>http://www.iui-js.org/documentation/0.50/styles-themes.html#standalone
> >> and tried to use the Dialog Box
> >> which renders like this:
>
> >>http://www.iui-js.org/documentation/0.50/getting-started/example-dial...
>
> >> i used the downloaded sheets and the source code on the demonstration
> >> page. (http://www.iui-js.org/download) 0.4 beta 2
>
> >> unfortunately the form elements are jumbled up.
> >>https://itwebforms.grinnell.edu/m/apage.asp#_screen1
>
> >> the style sheets on the demonstration site are "younger" than the
> >> one's i can download.
>
> >> is there any help or advice on getting the demonstration to work with
> >> the current 0.4 or possibly is there a way to get to 0.5?
>
> >> --

Remi Grumeau

Mar 14, 2012, 6:24:52 PM3/14/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM, DrTwitch <twit...@gmail.com> wrote:
thanks.
i am working on a possible production web page and so i was hoping to
have some kind of "stable" version of the code for a roll out. So it
sounds like i should be working with the 0.4 and use the url you
supplied instead of the 0.5 site that is currently up.

Does it work for you?

one other question i had about the framework, exactly how well they
should "behave" on non-mobile devices. so for example i am opening the
page in chrome and a couple of the dialogs are not filled in.
i am guessing that basically there are no promises with reguard to non-
mobile browsers.

I actually did test 0.5 on desktop Safari, Chrome, Firefox & Opera.
We do not provide any compatibility with Internet Explorer ... for now. i may soon provide support for IE9 & IE Mobile for WindowsPhone 7.5 (sorry, no 7.0).

On the mobile side, everything has been fully tested & works fine on iOS, Android, Blackberry OS6,7 & Playbook OS, WebOS 2. Can't tell for WindowsPhone or Bada since we got no news from Microsoft or Bada developer programs...
If any of you owns one of those two device & wanna take this job, be my guest :)

Remi

Sean Gilligan

Mar 16, 2012, 4:11:38 AM3/16/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com, Remi Grumeau
On 3/13/12 9:15 AM, Remi Grumeau wrote:
> It really seems we should unlink the documentation for now.... : (

Or we could fix it to match 0.40... :)

I updated the documentation to match iUI 0.40-beta2 (which means I
removed a couple of examples that aren't yet supported.) There might be
some minor issues in the remaining examples. If so, please let us know
and we'll fix them.

-- Sean

Sean Gilligan

Mar 16, 2012, 4:15:18 AM3/16/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com, DrTwitch
On 3/14/12 2:18 PM, DrTwitch wrote:
> thanks.
> i am working on a possible production web page and so i was hoping to
> have some kind of "stable" version of the code for a roll out. So it
> sounds like i should be working with the 0.4 and use the url you
> supplied instead of the 0.5 site that is currently up.

0.40-beta2 is the most stable version of iUI ever. If you find any bugs
in it, report them and we'll try to fix them. We hope to release a
0.4.0 final soon (where adding another '.' for the final release)

> one other question i had about the framework, exactly how well they
> should "behave" on non-mobile devices. so for example i am opening the
> page in chrome and a couple of the dialogs are not filled in.
> i am guessing that basically there are no promises with reguard to non-
> mobile browsers.

iUI should work reasonably well with non-mobile, non-IE browsers such as
Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. If you find an issue with one of those
browsers, please report it and we will try to fix it.

I'm currently looking at the issues in Chrome...

-- Sean

Remi Grumeau

Mar 26, 2012, 5:36:14 AM3/26/12
to iphone...@googlegroups.com, DrTwitch
Chrome issue is now more or less fixed, documentation still need some work (screenshots are not what you get) but we definitely are getting closer & closer :)

I would say let's unleash 0.4beta3 and give us (everybody) a week to fully test everything.
Then fix what needs to be be, and release 0.4 final.

Then go 0.5... but we NEED to release something !! 18 months...

Remi