3.2 snapshot

Beat Real

Oct 11, 2016, 11:39:27 AM10/11/16
to ipf-user
Hi

- tried to build the latest ipf version from github: does not compile with Java 7 anymore, because the code uses Java 8 features, such as Java 8 streams.

- Then I had a look at the Sonatype Snapshot Repo:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/openehealth/ipf/platform-camel/ipf-platform-camel-ihe-xds/3.2-SNAPSHOT/
But it holds no binaries, only source jars.

Perhaps the two issues are related...

regards
Beat

Boris Stanojević

Oct 12, 2016, 4:13:15 AM10/12/16
to ipf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beat,

that's right, the 3.2 (master) branch is the first one containing java 8 features therefore java 8 is required to build on that branch.
I didn't notice that some SNAPSHOT artifacts are missing in our Repo, I'll check what is going on on our build server, thanks for reporting;

cheers,
Boris

Beat Real

Oct 12, 2016, 5:35:55 AM10/12/16
to ipf-user
Hello Boris

so Java 7 is not supported anymore as compile environment, what about the runtime environment?
it is still stated here: http://oehf.github.io/ipf/development.html

thanks
Beat
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ipf-user+u...@googlegroups.com.

Boris Stanojević

Oct 12, 2016, 7:10:03 AM10/12/16
to ipf-...@googlegroups.com
Both, compile and runtime requires Java 8; documentation needs to be updated, thanks!!

Cheers,
Boris

Christian Ohr

Oct 12, 2016, 9:37:31 AM10/12/16
to ipf-...@googlegroups.com
Documentation reflects the state of the recent stable version (3.1.1), which compiles and runs with Java 7.
As soon as 3.2 (or a RC thereof)  is released, we'll update all the documentation.

Christian