Is Intype will always be free?

Yossi Zach

Jan 23, 2012, 11:50:38 AM1/23/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure that developers behind it spend lots of time and efforts to create such a great product.

What is your business model?

Martin "Cohen" Balazik

Jan 23, 2012, 6:53:27 PM1/23/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Intype will follow a classic commercial business model when we reach 1.0.

--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik

Sreejith K

Feb 4, 2012, 12:00:30 AM2/4/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Please make a free version of Intype too..

Eric Jackson

Feb 22, 2012, 11:07:30 AM2/22/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Just joined this group to say I won't be using inType once 1.0 is released. Considering how light weight this is in comparison to Notepad++, but will cost, I can't in my right mind use it.

Martin "Cohen" Balazik

Feb 22, 2012, 12:09:17 PM2/22/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
@Eric: Fair enough.

On 22 February 2012 17:07, Eric Jackson <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just joined this group to say I won't be using inType once 1.0 is released. Considering how light weight this is in comparison to Notepad++, but will cost, I can't in my right mind use it.

--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik

submorphic

Feb 23, 2012, 10:11:51 AM2/23/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Just joined this group to say I've been following you guys for about a year now and am excited for your v1.0 release! Time is money and money enables you to consistently come through for your community. Keep up the good work guys!
(Shut up and take my money)

Martin "Cohen" Balazik

serfe61

Feb 24, 2012, 12:04:28 AM2/24/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
I loves Intype since i saw it in a Prado's tuto.
For 3rd world's people is always expensive and difficult to buy software. Please differentiated prices by geo area...

Fuad Saud

Feb 25, 2012, 7:07:29 PM2/25/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
¬¬

Is this the 9gag army spreading? :D

Seriously. I'm supporter of free software and I think it's a good way to build strong software, 'cause you can easily distribute your product and get help from community. But business is business and I think Intype can get a strong community, since IMHO there's no "reference" implementation of a text editor for Windows (I'm not very fan of e-text editor). I just wish a good luck for you guy.

And waiting form 1.0 (it's gonna be expensive, but I think it woth!) :)

Martin "Cohen" Balazik

Feb 26, 2012, 3:29:21 AM2/26/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Fuad!
--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik

Thiago Carvalho

Feb 29, 2012, 1:47:22 PM2/29/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

Honza Sterba (Intype Team)

Feb 29, 2012, 4:43:40 PM2/29/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Let me clarify few things. Intype will follow the good old shareware model. Past 1.0 anyone will be able to download Intype and use it without restrictions for a limited period of time (we're thinking month). After that a license key will be required to use Intype to its fullest potential, however Intype will continue to function in a somehow limited fashion even after the trial period expires. We do not want to disclose our pricing information just yet. All I can say that finding the right price is a big task for us and we are trying really hard to make everyone happy.

Thank you for your continued support, we really appreciate it.

Honza

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

Gahan Raj

Mar 7, 2012, 5:44:32 AM3/7/12
to intype...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just found this app from alternativeto.net (Alternative to Aptana Studio). From a glance, it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! I know you guys are reluctant to giving away your pricing details (understandable) and I hate to pry but... just one question about the price - What are we looking at? 2 figures / 3 figures? Personally, I would be happy to pay a 2 figure price... Not so sure about anything over 100 though. :)

Regards,
Gahan

Martin "Cohen" Balazik

Mar 7, 2012, 6:26:05 AM3/7/12