Gamer Dev Jam - Schedule Announced, New Sponsor SoftLayer, $500 prize money

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Aug 30, 2016, 9:22:22 PM8/30/16
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Hope you are all well.

Sorry for the break in transmission (thank you Influenza!)

But we are roaring back with 10 days to go to our first ever Gamer Dev Jam...and it's shaping up to be an absolute doozy. Updates :-
  • Schedule of activities just posted on the website - http://intoitsapphirecoast.com/gamer-dev-jam-schedule/
  • IBM SoftLayer have come on board as a sponsor. Thank you IBM, and Brendan Yell in particular
    • There will be a panel activity on the Sunday morning MC'd by Brendan
    • SoftLayer have put up the Cash prize for the winners of the event - $500
  • There are still some places for the Devika training on Friday the 9th - you'd be crazy to miss this - you will learn how to use the Unity platform in double quick time
  • We can confirm not one, but 2, HTC Vive's will be available for usage at GDJ
  • Lots of people coming from out of town...including a bunch from Broulee
  • Reminder - Bring your own laptop/rescharger/3G or 4G Broadband dongle - check What To Bring page - http://intoitsapphirecoast.com/what-to-bring-to-gdj/
Lastly, we were thinking that we might like to make Hex's visit to the region as special as possible...perhaps she may come back for next years event. With this in mind, we thought to organise a bit of a welcoming party for her when she gets off the plane at Merimbula Airport....so if you think you would like to get along to that, please get in touch...especially younger people...perhaps knock together some 'Welcome Hex to Gamer Dev Jam' signs or such like. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Liam

--
Liam O'Duibhir
0417 579 079

Peter Heather

Aug 30, 2016, 9:29:00 PM8/30/16
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com

I have a friends son, Cooper, (only six years old) who is a huge fan of HEX and would like to meet her – plus he would also like to start game creation. What are the logistics for the meet and what is the age level minimum to join the Dev Jam?

I am trying to get an older one or two there too.

PETER HEATHER

Group IT Operations & Technical Services Manager

Bega Cheese Limited

Phone:        +61 2 6491 7610

Mobile:       0419 875 382

Email:          peter....@begacheese.com.au

Web:           www.begacheese.com.au

                    www.bega.net.au

Working together to deliver dairy products to the world.

The information in this electronic mail ("email") message may be confidential for use of only the named recipient.  The information may be protected by privilege, work product immunity or other applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, the retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this email in error please notify by return email immediately.  Bega Cheese Limited does not accept liability for any virus damage caused by this message.

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Aug 30, 2016, 9:37:21 PM8/30/16
to intoitsap...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic Peter,

I think we are happy to encourage kids under 13 to attend provided they are accompanied throughout by an parent/carer. They are welcome to join a dev team...but naturally there will be some negotiation between all those keen to collaborate on an idea, and it is not our intention to be entirely prescriptive, at this stage about team formation - we would logically expect most teams to have coder, artist, writer, tester, entrepreneur....but it's really up to the groups themselves.

It's our first ever event, so we will ask for flexibility all round.

Thanks,

Liam