Jan2015sk13 Hooghly - Melilotus indicus (L.) All.

surajit koley

Jan 20, 2015, 11:29:59 AM1/20/15
to efloraofindia
It is hard to believe that this tiny flowers are leguminous.
Thank you
Regards
surajit

P1130617.jpg
P1130633.jpg
P1130633b.jpg
P1130618.jpg
P1130619.jpg
P1130620.jpg
P1130621.jpg
P1130623.jpg
P1130629.jpg
P1130631.jpg
P1130632.jpg

D.S Rawat

Jan 21, 2015, 3:56:04 AM1/21/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please also check for Medicago lupulina.
DSRawat Pantnagar

surajitkoley

Jan 21, 2015, 11:12:08 AM1/21/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, D. S Rawat
Thank you so much Rawat Sir. Is it possible that I have uploaded two species which were growing as weeds in cultivated field?

Is there any possibility of presence of even a Trigonella in this set of pictures?

Thank you
Regards
surajit

D.S Rawat

Jan 23, 2015, 12:45:47 AM1/23/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
617, 618, 619, 620, 629, 631 are Medicago lupulina to me.
621, 623, 633 appear different and may be Trigonella corniculata (not sure).
DSRawat Pantnagar

surajit koley

Jan 23, 2015, 2:25:26 AM1/23/15
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir. I have already accepted Medicago lupulina in my earlier mail. The second species is very confusing. I am also not sure if it can be Trigonella corniculata or a Melilotus indicus. I titled this post, based on distribution in Bengal Plants, without going into detail. But since these are found in cultivated field, distribution is irrelevant here. I also regret that I thought all is one species at different developmental stage.

Now, since the leaflets of the 2nd species in question have less than 7 pairs of lateral veins and petioles are as long as or exceeding leaflets I think it may be Trigonella corniculata L.

Regards
surajit

surajit koley

Jan 24, 2015, 10:58:29 AM1/24/15
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Sir,

Flower and fruit tell this species Melilotus indicus (L.) All.
I fail to find any Trigonella in that field today.

Thank you
Regards
surajit

P1130814.jpg