ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati

Karuna Das

Oct 8, 2012, 12:47:58 PM10/8/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, kd_...@rediffmail.com
Dear All,
Is it Physalis minima L. ? Please confirm the ID.

Time of collection: 01/10/2012
Location : Maligaon, 1 No. Gate. Guwahati 11
Habit : Herb
Habitat : Grows on the road side.

With regards
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.
Physalis_minima_L._DSC01828.JPG
Physalis_minima_L._DSC01831.JPG
Fruit_of_the_Physalis_minima_L._DSC01830.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2012, 1:07:02 PM10/8/12
to Karuna Das, indian...@googlegroups.com
I hope Physalis angulata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ushadi Micromini

Oct 9, 2012, 9:27:55 AM10/9/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Karuna Das, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gurcharanji
from the internet descriptions of these two I am a bit confused

what really is the diagnostic difference?
the berries of both look similar
and the covering balloon are both ribbed
and angled
acuta seems a bit more acute angled than the minima
is that the difference?

I could not open the link pdf...claims something is missing
do you have a copy on your computer may be that would help.

thanks
usha
-

Usha di
===========

Karuna Das

Oct 9, 2012, 10:03:16 AM10/9/12
to sing...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Sir Ji. But I am a bit confused. When you identified my specimen as Physalis angulata, then I again moved to the collection site today and collected the attached images of specimen (Physalis angulata - 1 and Physalis angulata -2) where there is a difference in leaf morphology(onoes margin is dentate where othere is not). Both the specimen are collected from the same locality.And also I have dissected the flowers of both specimen and found little difference.On the other hand in "The Plant list" Physalis minima is a synonym of P. angulata.(P. angulata var. angulata). But in "Flora of China" the Physalis minima and p. angulata are described as different species.So, please put on light on this matter.

With Regards

Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:37:10 +0530 wrote Dr. Gurcharan SinghRetired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Karuna Das wrote:

Dear All,

Is it Physalis minima L. ? Please confirm the ID.

Time of collection: 01/10/2012

Location : Maligaon, 1 No. Gate. Guwahati 11

Habit : Herb

Habitat : Grows on the road side.

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati 781012

Physalis_angulata-1_DSC01938.JPG
Physalis_angulata-1_DSC01939.JPG
Physalis_angulata_-_2_DSC01941.JPG
Physalis_angulata_-_2_DSC01942.JPG
Physalis_angulata_-_2_DSC01940.JPG

jmgarg1

Oct 20, 2012, 3:42:38 AM10/20/12
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, ushadi Micromini, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, tuk...@yahoo.com, anupam...@gmail.com, rajibloc...@gmail.com, uzzal...@gmail.com, das.as...@yahoo.co.in, jackthec...@gmail.com, khyanje...@gmail.com, hima...@gmail.com, anan...@gmail.com, kd_...@rediffmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I hope Physalis angulata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

[...]

 Some of the doubts can be cleared by persual of earlier discussions at efi site link:

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

Physalis_minima_L._DSC01828.JPG
Physalis_minima_L._DSC01831.JPG
Fruit_of_the_Physalis_minima_L._DSC01830.JPG

jmgarg1

Jul 21, 2019, 1:54:34 AM7/21/19
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das, GurcharanSingh
To me appears close to images at Physalis joe-diasii as per details and images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).