ANAUG48 Abutilon sp. for ID- Abutilon pannosum?

Anurag Sharma

Aug 24, 2014, 4:22:02 AM8/24/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
No of cocci- 21
Seeds per cocci- 2
Leaves cordate, accuminate

Bangalore
August 2014
DSC_0273.jpg
DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0286.jpg
DSC_0287.jpg
DSC_0290.jpg

Santhan P

Aug 25, 2014, 4:59:29 AM8/25/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It will be Abutilon hirtum

Anurag Sharma

Aug 25, 2014, 12:20:57 PM8/25/14
to Santhan P, indiantreepix
I am not convinced sir.
But please validate:
According to a key I have, the key difference between Abutilon hirtum and Abutilon pannosum would be:

Stems, petioles and pedicels with dense long simple hair and few minute stellate hair along with short viscid glandular hair- A. hirtum
Stems, petioles and pedicels densely stellate pubescent with few simple hairs: A. pannosum

I have attached a close up of stem in which hair is clearly seen. Please suggest which key the photo matches.

DSC_0278.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2014, 6:58:04 AM9/3/14
to efloraofindia, anurag...@gmail.com, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Some earlier relevant feedback:

It will be Abutilon hirtum- from Santhan ji.

I am not convinced sir.
But please validate:
According to a key I have, the key difference between Abutilon hirtum and Abutilon pannosum would be:
Stems, petioles and pedicels with dense long simple hair and few minute stellate hair along with short viscid glandular hair- A. hirtum
Stems, petioles and pedicels densely stellate pubescent with few simple hairs: A. pannosum
I have attached a close up of stem in which hair is clearly seen. Please suggest which key the photo matches.

- from Anurag ji.

efi pages on Abutilon pannosum & Abutilon hirtum

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0273.jpg
DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0286.jpg
DSC_0287.jpg
DSC_0290.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2014, 6:38:10 AM9/4/14
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Thanks, Vijay ji.

Nice photographs and yes it is Abutilon pannosum (G.Forst.) Webb.

--
*Vijay Ashruba Paithane*
*Senior Research Fellow,*

Anurag Sharma

Sep 4, 2014, 9:09:37 AM9/4/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Thanks Vijay sir and Garg sir.