Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: FOR VALIDATION Indigofera suffruticosa :: Thane :: DVOCT88

Dinesh Valke

Oct 15, 2015, 11:38:19 AM10/15/15
to efloraofindia

Faboideae (Papilionaceae) Fortnight
pea family
Indigofera ¿ suffruticosa ?
Dear friends,
Please validate this ID; my earlier post was not conclusive. There are a few posts related to I. suffruticosa in group's archive. Couple of Pravin Kawale ji's posts seem to have plants very similar to what I am posting.

The posted plant is about a metre high bushy shrub, and is as wide, growing near creek, on large bund of paddy field. I do not recollect dimensions of pods, the flower must be 3 - 4 mm across.
at Vaghbil on October 18, 2009

Nilika (Sanskrit: नीलिका)

Shrubby Indigo

Small-leaved Indigo

at Vaghbil on October 19, 2008

Nilini (Sanskrit: नीलिनी)

West Indian Indigo

at Vaghbil on July 19, 2008

Indigofera suffruticosa

Nilambi (Marathi: निळंबी)

Vilayati Nil (Hindi: विलायती नील)

Vishashodhani (Sanskrit: विषशोधनी)

Guatemalan indigo
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2015, 11:51:49 PM10/24/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Indigofera suffruticosa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2015, 10:45:32 PM10/25/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Thanks, Krishnaraj ji.

Oct 26, 2015, 8:07:27 AM10/26/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Dinesh ji,

By any chance this plant could be Indigofera astragalina

Dinesh Valke

Oct 26, 2015, 10:55:28 AM10/26/15
to Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji.
Many thanks Krishnaraj ji. Will check the possibilities of Indigofera longeracemosa OR Indigofera tinctoria.

Muthu ji, the pods of posted plant and that of I. astragalina look different ...
(you may click on photos to see larger pictures).

West Indian IndigoIndigofera astragalina
pods of posted Indigofera plantpods of Indigofera astragalina

Regards.
Dinesh

Vijayasankar Raman

Oct 26, 2015, 4:27:42 PM10/26/15
to Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I second Krishnaraj ji's views.
It is not I. suffruticosa nor I. astragalina.
Vijayasankar

Vijayasankar Raman
Research Scientist
University of Mississippi, USA

J.M. Garg

Nov 2, 2015, 1:34:35 AM11/2/15
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Check also Indigofera longiracemosa OR Indigofera tinctoria L.

Krishnaraj

I second Krishnaraj ji's views.
It is not I. suffruticosa nor I. astragalina.--

Vijayasankar

efi page on Indigofera tinctoria

Jul 18, 2019, 4:14:46 AM7/18/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks to Krishnaraj ji for his suggested ID and to Vijayasankar ji; this ID is resolved to Indigofera tinctoria based on discussion in a recent post of Alka ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2019, 4:41:43 AM7/18/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Thanks, Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

dr.rakesh Singh

Jul 22, 2019, 10:16:07 AM7/22/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
My facebook post on same plant was identified as Indigofera tinctoria .

Dinesh Valke

Jul 22, 2019, 10:58:07 AM7/22/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Rakesh ji for the validation.
Regards.
Dinesh