Hooghly : Blumea or Blumea like : yellow

surajit koley

Mar 16, 2013, 3:22:06 PM3/16/13
to efloraofindia
This one is also 2 ft. as in my other post (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/indiantreepix/4QIBEiuWmIY).
Features are -
  • wild 2 ft. herb beside railway-station
  • branched
  • bearing yellow heads
  • the size of the heads are similar to those other Blumea
The pictures were shot yesterday and today, at the same place.

Thank you,

Regards,
surajit
DSCN8008.jpg
DSCN8026.jpg
DSCN8009.jpg
DSCN8011.jpg
DSCN8013.jpg
DSCN8014.jpg
DSCN8018.jpg
DSCN8020.jpg
DSCN8021.jpg
DSCN8025.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2013, 1:49:50 AM4/1/13
to efloraofindia, surajit koley, gunjan sud, Rajdeo Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, ratang...@yahoo.com, Asim Mitra, Paramjit Channa, Ushadi Micromini, Dr. Archana Banerjee, saha....@gmail.com

---

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2065 members & 1,47,500 messages on 28/2/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).
DSCN8008.jpg
DSCN8026.jpg
DSCN8009.jpg
DSCN8011.jpg
DSCN8013.jpg
DSCN8014.jpg
DSCN8018.jpg
DSCN8020.jpg
DSCN8021.jpg
DSCN8025.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2013, 5:31:23 AM4/9/13
to efloraofindia, Asim Mitra, Paramjit Channa, Ushadi Micromini, Subhasis Panda, A P DAS, Sujana K Arjunan, surajit koley, PRASANTA, Subir Ghosh, Gurcharan Singh, gunjan sud

Jul 24, 2019, 8:47:06 AM7/24/19
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
I think appears close to Blumea axillaris (Lam.) DC. as per images, details and references herein.

Jul 24, 2019, 11:18:26 PM7/24/19
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
Feb 21, 2024, 2:14:50 AMFeb 21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
As flower heads are yellow, it is more likely to be Blumea lacera (Burf. f.) DC.
Pl. see
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/09/08/blumea-lacera/

Feb 26, 2024, 12:42:38 AMFeb 26
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, Sir, thank you very much for updated identification.

With regards,

Surajit Koley