Citrus For ID : Jim Corbett,Uttarakhand : 230614 : AK-42

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 23, 2014, 1:29:31 AM6/23/14
to efloraofindia
Citrus plant seen in the resort where we were staying.
A cultivated plant, around 3 feet in height seen on 21/5/14.
Species id please.
Aarti
DSCN0609.JPG
DSCN0610.JPG
DSCN0611.JPG
DSCN0612.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2014, 9:07:31 AM6/28/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2350 members & 1,90,000 messages on 31/5/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSCN0609.JPG
DSCN0610.JPG
DSCN0611.JPG
DSCN0612.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2014, 1:15:50 AM7/1/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
A reply:
Look like Calamondin [ x Citrofortunella microcarpa (Bunge) Wijnands]- an intergeneric hybrid of  Citrus reticulata and Fortunella japonica, known only in cultivation.
K. Narayanan Nair PhD
Principal Scientist
Plant Diversity, Systematics & Herbarium Division
CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute
Rana Pratap Marg
Lucknow - 226 001 "

Thanks, Dr. Nair.

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 1, 2014, 1:30:55 AM7/1/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
Thanks to you and Dr Nair for the id.
I had posted one from Delhi earlier which was identified as the same.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 19, 2019, 11:06:57 PM3/19/19
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Gurcharan Ji,
Could you look into this as well?

Look like Calamondin [ x Citrofortunella microcarpa (Bunge) Wijnands]- an intergeneric hybrid of  Citrus reticulata and Fortunella japonica, known only in cultivation.
By Dr Nair.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 19, 2019, 11:09:04 PM3/19/19
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Sorry forgot to attach the pictures.
Here they are.....
DSCN0612.JPG
DSCN0610.JPG
DSCN0609.JPG
DSCN0611.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 19, 2019, 11:29:49 PM3/19/19
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Fruit size when mature ?

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 19, 2019, 11:35:57 PM3/19/19
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan Ji,
I found only the flowers and green fruits during our short stay at Corbett.
No idea about the size of the ripe ones.
It was a small plant, barely 2-3 feet. Not a tree.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2022, 9:54:37 AM9/3/22
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
  It is Citrus japonica Thunb. as per images and details herein.

Sep 3, 2022, 11:57:50 PM9/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
But there is a difference in both the flowers, these and the ones seen in Delhi.
Both identified as the same Species.
Regards,
Aarti