Rubiaceae Week :: Oldenlandia herbacea at Panchagani and Matheran

Dinesh Valke

Feb 9, 2012, 3:16:53 PM2/9/12
to efloraofindia
Oldenlandia herbacea (L.) Roxb.

  • old-en-LAND-ee-a -- named for Henrik Bernhard Oldenland, Danish botanist and curator
    her-buh-SEE-uh -- not woody

Oldenlandia herbacea
Aug 26, 2010 ... at Panchagani Tableland, Maharashtra

commonly known as: slender oldenlandia • yet to compile Indic names

Native to: tropical Africa, w Indian Ocean, China, India, Sri Lanka, s-e Asia

more views:
  • Oct 2, 2009 ... at Lion's Point near Lonavala, Maharashtra
    Oldenlandia herbacea Oldenlandia herbacea
  • Feb 19, 2011 ... at Dodhani near Matheran, Maharashtra
    Oldenlandia herbacea Oldenlandia herbacea

Regards.
Dinesh
5460946580_caf16e05c7.jpg
3976000655_6065698313.jpg
3976001759_d64ace32b9.jpg
4944223496_5b099aae25.jpg
5460946120_c9d8c13c93.jpg

Balkar Singh

Feb 9, 2012, 8:14:30 PM2/9/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Good Closeup of a small flower
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 9, 2012, 11:07:04 PM2/9/12
to Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Good photographs Dinesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant Awale

Feb 12, 2012, 10:46:26 AM2/12/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Excellent macro shot.
Regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2019, 6:29:38 AM8/16/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

5460946580_caf16e05c7.jpg
3976000655_6065698313.jpg
3976001759_d64ace32b9.jpg
4944223496_5b099aae25.jpg
5460946120_c9d8c13c93.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2019, 8:01:10 AM8/16/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks very very much Garg ji for following this query.
I too strongly believe this plant to be Oldenlandia stocksii Hook.f. ... went through all other posts related to this species in eFI.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2019, 8:32:01 AM8/16/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
On going through all the images, I have doubt about sighting of Feb 19, 2011 ... at Dodhani near Matheran, Maharashtra ... they are images: 5460946580_caf16e05c7.jpg and 5460946120_c9d8c13c93.jpg) ... the flowers do not have exerted stamens as in other images ... I am confused about their identity. Sorry for the mess in this post.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2019, 12:46:40 AM8/17/19
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji.

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 4:11:28 AM8/18/19
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Images from Dodhani appears to be of Oldenlandia herbacea (L.) Roxb. as per images, details and references herein.

Dinesh Valke

Aug 18, 2019, 4:15:59 AM8/18/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Garg ji for your thoughts.
I was confused with ID of Dodhani plant.
Regards.
Dinesh