Fabaceae - Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week :: Pithecellobium dulce Benth from Oman - AK

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 7, 2012, 10:37:34 AM1/7/12
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Pictures of Pithecellobium dulce Benth taken at Muscat, Oman.
Posted by me earlier on our group and identified by Tanay as above.
Aarti
Pithecellobium dulce Benth,Muscat-DSCN9773.jpg
Pithecellobium dulce Benth,Muscat-DSCN9775.jpg

Balkar Singh

Jan 7, 2012, 10:38:44 AM1/7/12
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Very very Beautiful Aarti Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Prashant Awale

Jan 7, 2012, 11:38:46 AM1/7/12
to Balkar Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Dear Aati ji,
Is there some mix up here. Flowers are looking different?
Regards
Prashant

Satish Phadke

Jan 7, 2012, 12:55:44 PM1/7/12
to Prashant Awale, Balkar Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Beautiful plant but appears to be something different........
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Madhuri Raut

Jan 7, 2012, 1:12:21 PM1/7/12
to Satish Phadke, Prashant Awale, Balkar Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
very beautiful .
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 7, 2012, 1:38:24 PM1/7/12
to Prashant Awale, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, Madhuri Raut, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale
Balkar ji,Prashant ji, Satish ji, Madhuri ji,
Thanks for the appreciation.
These had been posted by me earlier on our group.
Tanay had identified them as above so I had no reason for doubt.
Name given by the person in the nursery where picture was taken was
Jungle jalebi, in Muscat, Oman.
Kindly confirm id or let us try to find the right one.
I was also confused earlier how two diff pictures could have the same
name.
Thanks for pointing out.
Aarti

On Jan 7, 8:38 pm, Prashant Awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Aati ji,
> Is there some mix up here. Flowers are looking different?
> Regards
> Prashant
>

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Very very Beautiful Aarti Ji

Satish Phadke

Jan 8, 2012, 9:43:55 AM1/8/12
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Tanay ji will you please clarify whether you still think that the flowers in the picture belong to Pithecellobium dulce?
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Ushadi micromini

Jan 8, 2012, 10:03:13 AM1/8/12
to efloraofindia
look at Samir mehta's pic of the inflorescence...
very different
Usha di
=========

On Jan 8, 7:43 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanay ji will you please clarify whether you still think that the flowers
> in the picture belong to *Pithecellobium dulce*?

Tanay Bose

Jan 8, 2012, 10:10:59 AM1/8/12
to Satish Phadke, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi
Hi Satish Ji and Aarti Ji.
I don't think these are flowers of  Pithecellobium dulce. If had had identified this as the
P. dulce previously then its my mistake pardon me for it or may be its a result of the
thread mix up.
Thanks
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 12, 2012, 3:56:18 AM7/12/12
to Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, satish pardeshi, Balkar Singh, Prashant Awale, J.M. Garg
Dear all,
I got this identified by Shri Murudkar, a very senior person, in this field a while ago.
This is Haematoxylum campechianum.
Common names Blood Wood Tree, Campeche, Logwood.
Aarti

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2012, 4:27:26 AM7/12/12
to Aarti S. Khale, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, Balkar Singh, Prashant Awale, J.M. Garg
Thanks Aarti ji for showing this important plant, a source of important staining agent haematoxylin used in botanical preparations. Seeing it for the first time.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 12, 2012, 12:48:47 PM7/12/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, Balkar Singh, Prashant Awale, J.M. Garg
Sir ji,
I did not know it was such an important plant.
Recently I have photographed the pods.
Will post soon.
Can you change the wrong subject line of the post?
Regards,
Aarti