Fabaceae climber for ID Tiruvannamalei, Tamil Nadu NAW-OCT-18

Nadeem Waqif

Oct 22, 2014, 2:02:36 AM10/22/14
to efloraofindia
Kindly identify this climber photographed at the herbal park Tiruvannamalei, Tamil Nadu in September 2014.

tiru climber white-pink flower flower side view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower flower top view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf 2.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower pod.JPG

Vijayasankar

Oct 22, 2014, 9:27:54 AM10/22/14
to Nadeem Waqif, efloraofindia
Galactia villosa, I guess.

Regards

Vijayasankar
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
University of Mississippi

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Nadeem Waqif <nadeem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kindly identify this climber photographed at the herbal park Tiruvannamalei, Tamil Nadu in September 2014.

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2014, 8:15:31 AM10/30/14
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Nadeem Waqif

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Galactia villosa, I guess.
Regards
Vijayasankar

efi page on Galactia regularis ? (syn: Galactia volubilis (L.) Britton)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

tiru climber white-pink flower flower side view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower flower top view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf 2.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower pod.JPG

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 19, 2017, 6:06:08 AM3/19/17
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif, Vijayasankar Raman
Thanks, Vijayasankar ji.
To me it appears close to Galactia tenuiflora (Willd.) Wight & Arn. as per An Excursion Flora of Central Tamilnadu, India By K. M. Matthew (1995- details with keys)

Kindly identify this climber photographed at the herbal park Tiruvannamalei, Tamil Nadu in September 2014.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

tiru climber white-pink flower flower side view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower flower top view.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower leaf 2.JPG
tiru climber white-pink flower pod.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 19, 2017, 12:10:35 PM3/19/17
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif, Vijayasankar Raman
Thanks, Krishanraj ji.