Scrophulariaceae fortnight :: Dopatrium lobelioides along KSH 34 :: DV02

Dinesh Valke

Aug 15, 2013, 7:38:13 PM8/15/13
to efloraofindia
Scrophulariaceae fortnight
dog flower family
Dopatrium lobelioides (Retz.) Benth. ... also placed in Plantaginaceae
somewhere along KSH 34 in Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary on 29 MAY 11

Dopatrium lobelioides (Retz.) Benth.

Dopatrium lobelioides (Retz.) Benth.

Dopatrium lobelioides (Retz.) Benth.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Aug 16, 2013, 10:19:01 AM8/16/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
The last picture is awesome..thanks for showing..

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2013, 10:48:06 AM8/16/13
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Nidhan ji for appreciating my uploads.
Regards.
Dinesh

D.S Rawat

Aug 16, 2013, 10:57:15 AM8/16/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant pictures!
DSRawat Pantnagar

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2013, 11:38:13 AM8/16/13
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Rawat ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Aug 17, 2013, 5:51:11 AM8/17/13
to Dinesh Valke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Very good pictures.

Dr Satish Phadke

Dinesh Valke

Aug 17, 2013, 8:53:34 AM8/17/13
to Satish Phadke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Satish ji for the ID validations and appreciation.
Regards.
Dinesh

Prasad Dash

Sep 10, 2013, 2:21:43 AM9/10/13
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Dinesh Sir are u sure all the three uploads are from same species ? To me the last one looks different. Please have a look on the third upload in the thread. The first two are Dopatrium lobelioides.

I have collected the same species from Mahendragiri hills whose flora are some how showing similarity to western Ghats.

Regards

Prasad
Dr. Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Odisha, India
email: prasad....@gmail.com
ph. 09437444241

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2013, 2:52:19 AM9/10/13
to Prasad Dash, Satish Phadke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Thanks very much Prasad ji for pointing to the error. I have done some mix up at the time of exploration. Definitely mixed population at the site. And now I realise  I had mistaken the specimen for close-up. Now keen to know of the possible ID of this third upload.

Regards.
Dinesh

Prasad Dash

Sep 10, 2013, 3:02:52 AM9/10/13
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Sir please check Lindernia antipoda (Corolla bluish white with an yellow mouth which ur picture appears) for third upload

Regards

Prasad

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2013, 3:08:43 AM9/10/13
to Prasad Dash, Satish Phadke, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Ah thank you very much Prasad ji. I was thinking of Lindernia! Will check and label accordingly in my flickr notes.
Thank you very much.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2016, 1:27:43 AM10/16/16
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, prasad dash, Tabish
I think first two images are of Lindernia hyssopoides (and not of Dopatrium lobelioides) as per discussion in another thread.
These images are there in FOI site as Dopatrium lobelioides which also needs to be corrected.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Dinesh Valke

Oct 16, 2016, 1:54:55 AM10/16/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasad dash, Tabish
Thanks very very much Garg ji for your keen eyes. Indeed, I mixed them up and would not have realized my mistake.
I have corrected my notes in flickr.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Jul 19, 2022, 4:06:14 AM7/19/22
to eFloraofIndia
The last picture is of Bonnaya gracilis A.Pal, Sardesai & M.Chowdhury
Many thanks to the author - Aaratrik Pal for suggesting the ID in iNaturalist.

Regards.
Dinesh